helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
last week, during my vacations on the north side of portugal near the frontier with spain i was able to take some pictures.
the place is called Gerês (something like "jehresh" in english), a mountain chain. very quiet, calm and one of the best landcapes in portugal.

infortunatelly i wasn´t able to take pictures of the best spots because i was too busy having fun :laugh:

a overview shot from a lookout point by the road:

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
some random shots on a thermal park:

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
one more shot from the park. my girlfriend and a suposed tame, captive fox:

some landscapes:

not so landscape:

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
there is a old village, "Vilarinho das furnas", submersed by the water of a dam on the earlier '70s. there is a big story behind it and there is a museum about it as well.
long story short the electricity company almost kicked the habitants from their houses with a insignificant compensation, with the aproval of the portuguese government at the time to build the dam.

the water level is very low, much lower than usual and i was able to carry some equipment this day and here are some pics:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Thank you Helio. Awesome pics. :nod:

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007

most of those images need a lot of work to make something out of it. others are just snapshots to remember later...

i have done some panoramas with various pictures stitched toghether. these are just fast versions, i will keep all the post processing to the upcoming winter when the weather doesn´t let me ride... :nod:

unledpanorama1x.jpg

unledpanorama1copy.jpg

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I love the position of the first one and the colors on the second.

(Keep in mind I know nothing about photography, so they might still suck :))

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom