yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Ok guys, let's start planning this now. I'm saying that any ride or anything that we plan for next month needs to be on either the 11th or the 18th, because the 4th or 25th would rule out those of us that race TORO. Are there any other conflicting race dates? There are a few things that we need to decide on first: such as where we're going to go, how long we're gonna be there, what we're doing afterwards (as far as eating goes at least), etc.

Anyone have any suggestions at all as far as where to go ride? It has to be convienient to all for in the DFW area and not too expensive. Thump said something about renting out Badlands. It also needs to be friendly to all riding levels, I've never been to Badlands, and never been on a MX track, but if yall say it aint too difficult then I don't really care. I like the idea of Nocona, however it's pretty far and I doubt we could rent it out. I've heard that Mosier is not all that difficult. Sorry, I'm just kinda rambling on about this, anybody have any real opinions? Let's get this thing goin here yall.. :yeehaw:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Assuming my foot will fit in my boot, count me in for either day.

Txbigguy

Camp Tejas Chef
N. Texas SP
Jan 14, 2002
Badlands is a great track. It was the first track that I ever rode on. Russ is a great guy out there. He really liked DRN when we were out there last time. I almost got him to go to Dirtweek but he had a quad race that week and couldnt make it. If we firm up a date I am sure he would let us have the track at a decent rate. I think last time it was like 15bucks a piece. Then after he collected all the money he announced that he was donating it all to a kid that had a real bad wreck. My vote would be for Badlands either day.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Ok, looks like tentatively Badlands is the plan. Seems like the best place really, especially if we can rent it out. Let us know when you talk to him Thump.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Interesting, tempting, do-able. :aj:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Umm, Brian, I don't think I said anything about any Heartland Spodes being invited. Stick to your own forum please. :moon:

Ha! Just kidding, yall know yall are welcome with us anytime. I still would like to take a spin on the famous Mamba. Jay, will you be healed up by then? What about justql, lorin, and all you other crazy heartland spodes? Oh, and whatever happened to ole smitty? Aint seen him around in a while.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
That reminds me, exactly how many tracks are at Badlands? Can you kinda explain a little what they're like?

Txbigguy

Camp Tejas Chef
N. Texas SP
Jan 14, 2002
Badlands has one main track. They also have a kids track for the kids to ride on. Russ also is building a fast 50s track. I dont know if its finished yet. But they are gonna start racing the fast 50s in Feb.
The Main track is a very nice track. Some real nice table type jumps. A section of woops... A real nice Finish line jump... :aj:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Well, to accomadate blackhawk, let's plan on the 11th. Anybody else have any other objections on the date? So far we're lookin at renting out Badlands on January 11th with the following people:

• yzguy15
  • yzguy15's old man
  • txbigguy
  • Thump
  • Hotpants?
  • BSWIFT
  • Tony
  • Blackhawk
  • evenslower

Ok, that's a pretty good group already, let's keep spreading the word. Thump, any word from Russ? What about JeffD, Twinkie, tx246, JMD, enduro_nut, psycho, slo'mo and crew, Stan and dad, and what about anymore Heartland guys?

Last edited:

Txbigguy

Camp Tejas Chef
N. Texas SP
Jan 14, 2002
The 11th might be a problem with the track. He has a quad race on the 12th he might be prep'in the track for it. But Lets see what he says when Thump talks to him.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Yea, that's a good point. Also, there is only an organized practice on the 19th, so maybe the 18th would be more convienent to them.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
i havent been on an mx track since 7/13/02 due to the achilles but rehab has gone really well. badlands is good a place as any to test the tendon. docs have given me clearance since november but i want my leg to be in the best possible shape. badlands is a really fun track with some cool obstacles.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Just talked to Russ. He said we can have it any day it is not open for $200. The 11th and the 18th don't work though because he has a race the following days and will be prepping.

What do ya think?

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Toro race on the 25th

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom