mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Listen up guys,

The hot dry summer is almost apon us.
What are you guys gonna do all summer?
I have a few road trips planned to get some riding in this summer.
But i realized that not everyone has the opportunity to be able to just drop everything and go like I can.
And then i was thinking that all of you guys that i have meet are all just great people.
So why dont we plan some activitys for this summer that maybe doesnt include bikes but we can still get together and have fun.

I have a boat and seadoo and go to the river all the time, maybe some of you have the same , maybe not.
But we could plan a trip and have a blast. I have no problem sharing my stuff.

maybe we could plan some backyard BBQ`s.
How about meating at a pizza place somewhere and nocking back a couple brews and stuffing our selves on pizza.
It might be fun to let our families get in on the fun that we have been having.

I guess i just got the blues because our riding season is winding down. I really miss the comaraderie that goes on during riding season.

I dont know, just throwing some ideas out there.

bundy

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by mxbundy

I guess i just got the blues because our riding season is winding down. I really miss the comaraderie that goes on during riding season.

I dont know, just throwing some ideas out there.

bundy

Bundy

Very good ideas.... Maybe a potluck of some sort.

Also are season isnt winding down.....Its just moving to the mountains...

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Don't know if I want YOU to know where I live! If you guys meet Mrs. Elk, we may never get to ride together again!:):) Sounds fun though, we'll talk.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I've got a nice big house, with a big (16x36) built in pool, so a B-B-Q here is a possibility! I know it's a drive, but we could do Phelan or Miller Cyn. in the A.M., then come back and eat and swim!

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
I really like the idea.

I think a river trip, in particular, would be great. Find some places to stay, offer as much or as little dirt bikin' as everyone is up to (I'm still gimped, of course). But just hang out. I like it.

Same for pizza and beer.

Whatever. I agree.

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
River trip,
During the summer we go just about every other weekend, so I`ll post when i`m going and you guys just come on out.
You see, I have an alterier motive, its usually just me, my wife and our 2 little daughters and my sisterinlaw. Whos single by the way, would love to marry her off to a dirtbiker. Get her out of my hair, sometimes I feel like I have 2 wives.
As far as the BBQ`s, pizza party`s lets do it.
we can discuss this more at the Phelan ride on the 28th.

bundy

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Count me in, I have yet to meet any of the SOCAL crew.
But what about Kennedy Meadows or Bishop, these spots are still open for green stickers.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by LongTime
I really like the idea.
B]

That's because it involves pizza and beer. :)

Good idea Bundy. Although, like Jeff said, we just move up into the mountains during the hot months. Gorman, Kennedy Meadows, Big Bear. It's all good. ;)

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Re: Re: Get togethers.

Originally posted by RMjeff
season isnt winding down.....Its just moving to the mountains...

That's right: Next month the forest serv. opens up the trails @ Kennedy Meadows (red stickers welcome there); a little further up 395 than most desert races, an overnighter for most.

brettr's custom is to gather there @ a remote, primitive site Mem. Day w/e; I'm sure he'll post it soon. Have firewood, will travel...

Another option is night riding. Yep: same trails, but after the sun sets. Each linear foot takes on a whole new look. Mind you: this is only for those w/lighting coils & head lamps. If all you have is a coil, then get the cheapo 55w, $30/pair rectangular driving lamps -ones that say off-road use - from an auto parts store, mount one to your visor; give the extra to a buddy. DRN night riders unite!

My first try @ this was Sat. night before a club enduro last year. I'm not one for attention, but everyone turned from their campfires as I passed like "What the..."

My second try @ this was the TWMC night poker run, again on a Sat. night before the Sunday enduro. Lotta fun. Just don't look the card dealers in the face as they get a beam full :o

As a trial run, we could do a well-known trail, like Baldy Mesa, or even the perimeter of El Mirage lakebed.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
A river trip sounds great to me, but I'll up at KM and other mountains a lot this year too. How many can get up to KM for Memorial day?

Bundy, what's the SIL like? Does she like Dodges more than Fords, probably will after riding in mine :p

Kelsorat - still got the 550?

Apr 15, 2002
still young

im still young but if the sister in law is rich, hell i've always wanted to take the high road and find a rich older woman, if she can support my dirtbiking.... all the better. ;)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Bundy, if you want to advertise your sis-in-law then please post it in the appropriate forum! You might want to try Ebay with a no reserve price too:):)

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
There are still plenty of people from the group that i am looking forward to meeting so this sounds like an excellent idea (most ideas involving pizza, BBQ and beer are good in my opinion!).

What happens at the local tracks during the summer? i am thinking of comp park, glen helen, elsinore and the like? do they stay open, do these areas get too hot or just too busy since there is noware else to ride? are there any trails that are hospitable to anything other than lizards?

cheers

bruce

Unit74

Dec 16, 2001
I'm game. No pool or nuthin' but a centrtal Local in Temecula. I have a couple of cool pizza joints right around the corner as well. Plenty of riding areas just down the road too.

bike'r steve

Apr 1, 2002
Unit47 where's your local riding area's at? im in san diego and temecula isnt too far away. what type riding?, thinking fire roads or power line roads. but never rode in that area. so... where's your favorite local ride place??

Unit74

Dec 16, 2001
Well, right of the 79 south there is a few places near Vail Lake. There is also Hixon trailt in Hemet which has a couple of gnarly trails as well some narrow fire road action. Soem if it is not for the timid, but those trails can be avoided. Drop me a PM if you want to check it out sometime. I am right in the middle of the race season so play riding is at the bottom of the list, but summer break is coming and I'll be a riding fool then.

bike'r steve

Apr 1, 2002
unit 47 if you will, could you keep on eye out for a 93-96 kx250 for me?? i would appreciated it! i have 2k for a nice clean bike. thanks!

lets hook up sometime off season for a putt, i'm bike less right now, all i have is my 200x (it's kind of the camp bike for glamis, gordon wells everyone welcome to use it). hopefully i'll find my bike soon, been looking in the trader and they go fast! my luck has to change soon. (desert season almost over)
im a rookie rider, so... if you don’t mined riding with an old fart, let's hook up

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Friguy,

We usually go to Needles and put in there, its centrally located and you can go to Laughlin or Havasu.
Checkin in here from Pittsburg, its cold wet and rainy, yuck!

Unit74

Dec 16, 2001

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
ktmboy... I think the rich jet setter went out to pit for a wedding. Must be nice to be able to take off work whenever you want and go racin around the country or takin vacations or.... ok now I'm depressed. :whiner:

That's it Bundy's goin down...... :p

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Yeah boy I am here for a wedding. Went to Wash.DC the last couple of days to sight see. Nice Place believe it or not.

Desert_Racer, where have you been? Dont show up for a coons age and then rag on me........so this is for you! :moon: :moon: :uh:

bundy

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Listen up, mister travel the world ..... Some of us have to stay and WORK 40 hours a day so that the economy will support your priveledged :moon: ...

Damn I need to win the lottery.....

That's right.. I came to kick :moon: and chew bublegum ... And I'm all outta bublegum... :eek:

Top Bottom