ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
If you guys dont remember, about a month ago I posted that I was planning on proposing to my g/f very soon. The thing about it was that I got a large check and I bought myself a new bike (my new yz250) and w/ the rest, I am buying a ring for her.
Well I got the bike last weekend and it's in my garage but my g/f thinks it's my friends bike that he's keeping there until he moves into his new house. In fact, it's my bike and I cant tell her about it because she knows that I'm planing on proposing sometime soon and if the she knows i bought the bike, I'd have the money to buy the ring... And therfore that will ruin the suprise... Make sense??? ;)
So, the stones were finally set yesterday and I'm picking it up this weekend... I cant wait becuase hiding the bike is killing me... She knows that I'm up to something thought because I havnt let her use my laptop for about 2 weeks and she's been prying at my secret wanting to know why...

The truth will be revealed w/ in a week! :p :)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
uhh... congrats, I think?

I got lost on this part!:

Well I got the bike last weekend and it's in my garage but my g/f thinks it's my friends bike that he's keeping there until he moves into his new house. In fact, it's my bike and I cant tell her about it because she knows that I'm planing on proposing sometime soon and if the she knows i bought the bike, I'd have the money to buy the ring... And therfore that will ruin the suprise... Make sense???

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
I bet she probably already knows that the bike is yours and she is on to you since you wont let her use the computer she probably already knows its coming just a matter of time. I say remove whatever info from your computer about the ring or put it in a hidden file, let her use your computer and then wait longer so that she doesnt suspect it as much. Better yet, tell her you just decided to get a bike instead and next year you will focus on a ring when your next tax return comes in. See how she reacts to that :ohmy:

Oh yeah and Congratulations.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Good luck with everything! I hope it all turns out as you expected!

Congatulations!

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
It's not too late to change your mind.

samham

Nov 22, 2002
Conrats! I know how ya feel,,, I picked my wifes ring up about a week before proposing,, I think the first day or say I took it out and looked at it about 5-6 times a day to make sure it was still there! silly,,,,

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
So do you get to ride your "friend's" new bike in the meanwhile? :uh:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
gwcrim said:
You are still single. You have no idea of what agony is. :yikes:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Marriage is a great institution, assuming you like institutions ...

Congrats though and best wishes

Remember this ...

Marriage is a 100%/100% effort. It takes 100% of both of you to make it work.

mele63

Feb 16, 2006
Well at least you're getting practice at hiding stuff from you [future] bride......it will be a useful skill in the future.

I say reveal the bike now and let her simmer over the ring issue for a good long time; it will show you what she's made of.

Congrats (on the bike that is); it may be the last "toy" you buy for yourself!

Disclaimer: all the above is pure satire. Really.

ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
JST122 said:
I bet she probably already knows that the bike is yours and she is on to you since you wont let her use the computer she probably already knows its coming just a matter of time. I say remove whatever info from your computer about the ring or put it in a hidden file, let her use your computer and then wait longer so that she doesnt suspect it as much. Better yet, tell her you just decided to get a bike instead and next year you will focus on a ring when your next tax return comes in. See how she reacts to that :ohmy:

Oh yeah and Congratulations.

I think she knows its my bike but doesnt want to spoil the suprise. I've thought about telling her than i just decided to buy a bike instead and wait a while to propose because I'm not ready... She'll **** herself! :laugh:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Well at least you're getting practice at hiding stuff from you [future] bride......it will be a useful skill in the future.
A tip; be DAMN sure you like the color of the bike you start with. Getting a new one of a different color will get ya busted every time. As long as the new one is the same color, you've got a good chance.

ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
nikki said:
So do you get to ride your "friend's" new bike in the meanwhile? :uh:

that was "our agreement" I canride it if he leaves it there!

But I want to go guy gear and i cant! I've got a helmet thats 2 sizes to big (friends) and thats why i've only ridden my bike up and downt the street a couple times... It's killing me!

ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
mele63 said:
Congrats (on the bike that is); it may be the last "toy" you buy for yourself!

VERY HIGHLY Doubt that... She's as cool as they come. Already planning on getting a quad for her this summer. ;)

ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
Okiewan said:
A tip; be DAMN sure you like the color of the bike you start with. Getting a new one of a different color will get ya busted every time. As long as the new one is the same color, you've got a good chance.

Yeah i think i got that covered.. i already pulled the number plate graphics off and she hasnt noticed but parks in the garage next to it everyday. ;)

ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
Tony Eeds said:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Marriage is a great institution, assuming you like institutions ...

Congrats though and best wishes

Remember this ...

Marriage is a 100%/100% effort. It takes 100% of both of you to make it work.

lol.... I appreciate the words of wisdom.

CRguyStan

Dec 10, 2001
Tell her that the bike is actually yours, and that you are not riding it until the new graphics are in. That is why you won't let her use the laptop, because you didn't want her to see the other items you bought from it. By the time she gets over this, even if not, BAM a ring, she will forgive all.
Stan

ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
CRguyStan said:
Tell her that the bike is actually yours, and that you are not riding it until the new graphics are in. That is why you won't let her use the laptop, because you didn't want her to see the other items you bought from it. By the time she gets over this, even if not, BAM a ring, she will forgive all.
Stan

I was thinking of something like that... "After I get the ring" I think I'm going to take her to her fave restaraunt "Really nice seafood/steak house" called Trulucks.. We know the GM and I'm going to give him the ring after we get there and I get up to "go to the rest room". When in fact I'll really give him the ring and have him personally bring it out on the desert tray after we get through eating and I tell her that I've been hiding a secret from her.
The secret is that the bike isnt really brians, it's mine and I havnt let you use my computer because I've been buying riding gear and didnt want her to know about it but i cant keep it from her any longer.. I love her and I know that she's been wanting to get married but Im just not ready yet...
I'll tell her this right after we eat and let her get pissed about it knowing that I KNOW she has been wanting me to propose for a while now. And then our friend Steve will bring out the desert tray w/ nothing on it but the ring inside the box.. Just Kidding baby! I'll then take it and get down on my (left knee right???) and ask for her hand in marriage! :)

ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
Actually i might just take her somewhere not so public now that i think about it... And I'm not sure that I really want to lose sight of the ring for that long... I know he'd protect it w/ his life but anything can happen when you least expect it....
Hell i dont know... I thought I had all of this planned out perfect but now I'm starting to think that i should do it when it's just us and no one else around so that it's more intamate.

Sh**t, i could prolly ask her when were at home watching tv and she'd be just as happy but that'd ruin the moment! :fft:

ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
truespode said:
Very true!

DON'T DO IT!!! Just keep the bike!

Ivan

Too late now... Just got off the phone w/ the jeweler and he's shipping it overnight...

Ohh yeah... I'm keeping the bike regardless! ;)

Top Bottom