mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i just got back from getting my fixator removed. good gawd it hurt when he broke them loose (no anesthetic :scream: ). the pins are threaded on the end and the bone had tried to attach to them. when the doc started twisting them, they popped like a stuck bolt. the two in my foot weren't too bad but the two in my leg about killed me, it hurt so bad. it was worse pain than when i broke it. i had to take about a five minute break between the two to recover. they bandaged my holes and put a splint on my leg. i go back next week to get an ortho boot.
i got to keep the fixator. it will go on my trophy shelf next to a broken bell helmet and a crushed set of alumilites that gave me a broken leg once before. :eek: hopefully, i'll have some xrays to post next week.

as i was leaving, a guy was sitting in the waiting room with a fixator on his wrist. i told him that i just got mine removed and showed it to him. he asked how it was. i told him it wasn't too bad. i didn't have the heart to tell him the truth. :ugg:

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Glad to hear its gone, but sad to hear it hurt like hell!

P.S. check lou's pics for a picture of the fixiantor. Ouch!!!!!

motodawg

Sponsoring Member
May 1, 2002
Originally posted by mx547
when the doc started twisting them, they popped like a stuck bolt.
:eek: holy crap!

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Well, least its off man and you can get back to being normal. :) (It'll be easier to get your MX boots on now without the doctor knowing. :))

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Glad to hear your still mending. It was good to see you the other day. I can't wait to ride with you again.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Way to go, maybe if you would have held your foot a little closer to the fire the other night they would have come out easier! Racing on Saturday makes me think about trying out the Vet class. I little coaxing might push me over the edge. I need to get in shape something terrible.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
some of us are going to ascot saturday nite. me, my daughter, motox757 and his son, and bswift are going. you should hook up with brian and head this way. ascot is a fun, safe track, a good one for your first race. the 30+ class is pretty fast there but they won't put you on the ground. you could try the beginner class too. motox757 is running second in points in the beginner class. we have a good time there. it is much more laid back than cooperland.

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
when the doc started twisting them, they popped like a stuck bolt.

I usually strip stuck bolts, wouldn't that have sucked?
At least they're out now! How long till you can ride?

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
glad to see that thing off. now get busy with the therapy. i want to race you on jan 1st because it will be my only chance to beat you. hey, heartland spodes do ya hear me? its our only chance to beat jay!! lets be sure to get pics. i know, i know, jay would still spank me. i can dream cant i?

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I'll meet both you guys at Village Creek the 1st race in Jan. and try to finish in one piece.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
it was worse pain than when i broke it.

Why did i come in here?? :(

Glad you got it removed and starting on the last leg of recovery. The doctor's are still debating on putting a fixator on my ankle. Since everything was still in alignment they just casted it. The cast hurts almost as much as the accident. I dont see how i'm not doing damage to the inside knuckle with the cast pressing on it. Of course this is my first broken bone ever so i'm not sure how much pain is common. All i know is i cant move my leg any or lower it below my body without instant pain. Wednesday's my next appointment and i'll findout then whether the cast stays or a fixator goes on. After reading your post and from what you said at DW i hope i keep the cast!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i would guess the pressure on the cast is from your foot/leg swelling. depending on the amount of trauma to your leg, it probably should start going down soon. be sure to mention the pressure. maybe they'll replace the cast with one that fits better. in my case, i'm still having swelling in my foot and my injury happened july 13. my doc said it was normal and that it might continue for another month or so.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
the boss is cool about it. the guys at work that don't do anything but drink beer and watch tv, obviously think i should quit. the pressure from the "spousal unit" was bad at first but is starting to wane. yesterday she asked me when i was getting my new bike. i told her probably in january. she didn't say anything so i took that as an "okay".

maybe she's really just planning the divorce. :eek:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
There isnt much swelling of the foot except if i'm on the crutches longer than a minute or two. Last night was the first night i slept 7 hours straight since the accident so hopefully the ankle is getting better. I think most of the pain is from the bruising. The whole inside of the foot and ankle almost up to the knee was black & blue when they put the cast on. I think once the majority of bruising stops hurting i'll be alot happier. ;)

Mike, Tell Lori thanks for helping with my accident. I thought that looked like her wrapping it up was in alot of pain at the time. The doc's said it was a cleaver use of my socks and asked if i wanted to keep them. They were also surprised at the amount of swelling (or should say lack of swelling :thumb: ). There was only minumium swelling on both sides of the ankle joint, looked like half a ping pong ball under the skin. They said they would of never guessed i broke both bones by looking at my ankle. So Lori and the others did an excellent job on site keeping the swelling down and making me comfortable. I owe everyone big time! :worship:

Top Bottom