thermo

Dec 18, 2001
ok, heres my trouble. i got this used gpr stabilizer and one of the original mounting plates. i cant fit the stabilizer and the plate between the crossbar and the clamps on my 200 exc. i have renthals but i dont know what bend. so my question is does anybody use the GPR BARCLAMPS that are drilled for the stabilizer. if so do you have crossbar style handlebars and how well does it fit. i just whant to be sure if i just need the barclamps for regular bars or should i shell out the money for the pro taper clamps and pro tapers

Arby

Mar 19, 2001
you can either get pro tapers and clamps,,,or you can bend the cross bar
to allow for the damper,,,depending on your bars you may have to tweak
them just a little or maybe alot, the crossbar that is.

reynome

Sep 1, 1999
I have a GPR and use Azonic oversize bars. The azonic crossbar is too short but I used a renthal one inplace of it. Since it is longer the crossbar clamps move further out and up on the bars making enough room for the pad too. The setup is one of the best IMO. I wanted a pad over all that stuff.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Scotts sells Renthals with a bowed crossbar. I have a pair on order right now. I will let you know how they work out.

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
A question. Did the GPR come off the same bike with the handelbars in the same position? If not, you need to get a new top clamp from GPR for your specific application. The GPR, like the Scott's, needs to be centered directly over your steering stem or it will not work correctly and can do damage to the unit. Just FYI.

KTM250RDR

Mar 27, 2002
I had the same problem with my KTM. What I did was bend the crossbar just enough to fit over the dampner. I put the crossbar in a vice and hit with a hammer until I had the right bend. I never had any problems with the handlebars after I bent the crossbar.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom