acesnkush

Apr 29, 2006
So... I just started riding in nov. I wanted to put "graphics" on my bike. None of that lame stuff you can buy. I was either gonna stencil it... Or almost try to do a paper mishay with pictures (stronger than the way you did it in school). Me and my friends have done this to other things on plastic and metal and has stuck pretty well. Has anyone anything like this..and if I stencil my bike, does spray paint stay on it well???

ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
acesnkush said:
So... I just started riding in nov. I wanted to put "graphics" on my bike. None of that lame stuff you can buy. I was either gonna stencil it... Or almost try to do a paper mishay with pictures (stronger than the way you did it in school). Me and my friends have done this to other things on plastic and metal and has stuck pretty well. Has anyone anything like this..and if I stencil my bike, does spray paint stay on it well???

Good luck using anything remotely close to what your describing. The problem isnt getting it to stick, it's keeping them on thats the hard part. Gas, dirt and debre will cause them the tear off. The petroleum fumes will be enough to penetrate the paper mishay and spray paint isnt going to hold up very well either.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Why don't you go to one of the custom graphics websites and have the graphics you want made up on the proper materials.

It's expensive, but at least they would stick well and the wouldn't be "those lame ones you can buy".

RS1441

Jun 18, 2006
"Those lame ones you can buy" i think those graphics can look dam nice One Industries make great looking graphics...anyway with the vibrations of your bike would shake the paper mishay of or if you got it all to stick on and spent ages making your bike look decent then if you fall they will get trashed easier than the ones you can buy made for bikes (or i think) tho the spray paint and stencils sounds a good way i don't know how the paint would stick to the plastics on your bike etc. prob easier to buy some lol :-P

AXE_1967

Mar 31, 2006
If you use pray paint use krylon fusion made for plastics. First take a brillo pad and wash all the blue out of it you can get and then while wet lightly go over all the areas you wish to paint. After your done wash it good and dry it real good. this will allow the paint to stick better. Then primer at least 2 coats appling the first coat light for tacking purposes then apply the paint in the same manner. Even doing this it will chip under crashing, dinging a tool against it or pulling a decal off of it but all you have to do is spray the spot and it's good to go again. Over all it stays on pretty good until you can afford new plastic. I did my KX250 all black and it has done really well, only touched up to spots so far.

PS: You need to be pretty good at painting or you'll make a mess with runs.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Please take pics and post them when you're done?

ihone

Jan 10, 2006
I had a guy draw me up some custom graphics for my bike. I forget the thickness, I think it's like a 14 mil thickness. He said he'd never made a set like this for a CR, but he'd give it a go. What he sent me was very nice, and the fit was like a glove. he even made em just a tad bigger so they'd wrap nicely under the seat, instead of cutting off where your leg rubs all the time. We ended up thinking that a "Camo / Checkered Flag" theme may look good. I'd be inclined to agree with Tom, in that his work looked great!

DCAM5869.jpg

DCAM5870.jpg

DCAM5867.jpg

and I think the total of his charges ended up being like 120'ish for design, printing, and die cutting. Give him a holler if you're interested. www.huntgraphic.com

**His website shows some really rough sketches of his work. As you can see, they don't do the real deal any justice. Better off looking thru the past work he's done on other bikes.

Hope this helps!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom