Handlebar setup for a tall rider?

etigrel

Mar 21, 2004
Hi,
I am a 6'4" beginner rider.
Can some one guide me on what kind of handlebar setup I need to achieve correct riding positions?
(How high should they be? What angle should I use?)

Right now, on the 250 thumper I ride, I have stock handlebars with two 1.2 inch riser plates underneath them. Unfortunetly with this setup they feel high when sitting down, and too close to legs when standing up. (Maybe move the bars forward some how? and a taller seat foam?)

Many thanks in advance for all your help.

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
At 6'2" I've done a few things to help make it more comfortable. The CrHigh bend bars are decent. I experimented with rotating them forward on my cr and liked it. Haven't tried this on the crf yet. I also installed the fastway footpegs in the lowboy position. Something like 1/2" down and back. Those things rule :yeehaw: I ordered a complete SDG high foam seat, but like everything else for my bike its on backorder...Hopefully I'll be able to give a ride report soon :cool:

BigStoppy

Mar 6, 2000
Im 6'3" and I run a set of Jimmy Button renthals on my KTM. Those badboys rise higher than a set of apes on a Orange County Chopper. They had the highest rise of any old style crossbar type handlebar.

robrm250

Sponsoring Member
May 5, 2002
I am 6'3 and I use pro taper pastrana freestyle bend,have to have tall foam seat are your hand will be too high.I have the fastway pegs and I am thinking about getting the E rider top triple clamp with under bar mount for stabilizer,that raises another 1.5 inches.

Zuki

Apr 23, 2003
I'm 6'2"..... I use the TAG top clamp which moves the bars forward plus the TAG CR double Hi bars. For the seat I have a tall SDG seat. I also have the fastway lowboy pegs. The pegs are now back in the standard position. I tried them in the Lowboy position but with a size 11 boot I found I was too far away from the shift lever to get good clean shifts.....

vic580

May 9, 2002
I am 6'5" and have a pair of cr hi bend bars,fastway lowboy pegs,guts tall seat and a hammerhead shifter tip and arc adjustable levers.Takes a lot of r&d to set the bike up for us big guys.The Jimmy button bend bars had too much sweep for me and the guts seats are way taller than the other companies. :ride:

Top Bottom