VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Happy Birthday there Donn. I guess I better go pick up a copy of your magazine. I've never even turned a page in one. I ususally like all magazines and I'm a real sucker for subscription promotions and prizes. :confused:

Party on... :)

Wes

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Happy Birthday! May your mullet grow long and your sides stay short....... Oh wait you gave up being Fabio. Happy Birthday anyway! :)

swapmoto

Sep 10, 2002
Thanks, guys!
Guess what I get to do today for my birthday?
...Spend all day riding the new 2003 Yamaha YZ250F at Carlsbad Raceway! For a second, I was a little worried about riding on Friday the 13th, but then I remembered that I was BORN on Friday the 13th.
Thanks again.

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by swapmoto
Thanks, guys!
...Spend all day riding the new 2003 Yamaha YZ250F at Carlsbad Raceway! For a second, I was a little worried about riding on Friday the 13th, but then I remembered that I was BORN on Friday the 13th.
Thanks again.

lesseeee, up and on DRN at 6:40 on his birthday??? Yes, I would say that is excited! :yeehaw: and a free ride to boot. DOn't get much better :thumb:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Donn, post a ride report on the new Thumper. Does it have the magic leg? If not happy kickin' LOL

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
...Spend all day riding the new 2003 Yamaha YZ250F at Carlsbad Raceway!

Aww.... poor guy :silly:

I would love to hear a ride report (mainly if the new F starts easier and if it lost a few pounds). Have a Happy Birthday! :)

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by VintageDirt
I'm a real sucker for subscription promotions and prizes. :confused:

A while back TWMX was giving away free T-shirts! So Happy Birthday Mr. Maeda! I'll wear my TWMX shirt today in honor of your most awsome mag and your birthday (since the mag wouldn't be much without ya)

Have a good one man :yeehaw:

Lee W.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Thanks, guys!
...Spend all day riding the new 2003 Yamaha YZ250F

Happy Birthday Donn.

Ya gotta post a ride report. Just part of the deal, being on DRN.

Of course, we realize it will be out long before the magazine report, so we won't say anything. ;) Honest, mum's the word. :)

No, really. It's our little secret. Just between you and 18,892 of your new best friends. :eek:

Ol'89r

Last edited:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Happy birthday Donn! :) I'm gonna get you a subscription to this real cool magazine called TWMX ;)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Hey, slo'mo...nobody else cares what ole Jaybird thinks, why should the swapster?
:)

I was the first here to wish you happy happy, but I'll give ya another shout out here! Roost on, young man!

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Ohhhh <smacking my forehead with my palm> ! It's swapmoto, not swampmoto. I gotta get my glasses checked. :)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Sarge and BigLou are the swampmoto brothers! :)

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Happy birthday, swap!

All you're getting is a ride on a 250F? Sucks to be you. I got some tighty whiteys for MY birthday. :silly:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Happy B-Day Donn :thumb:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Happy Birthday Donn!... from another member of the "born on Friday the 13th" club. :thumb:

swapmoto

Sep 10, 2002
Wow. Thanks to everyone. Today was awesome. The bike is great. It's a lot snappier and you can really tell that it is six pounds lighter when you're riding. The new ergos are excellent and the bike as a whole is flawless. Well, the front suspension is pretty soft (I went in to three out from full compression), but nothing that some fine tuning can't fix.
I think I had to have ridden at least 40-50 laps today - it was such a blast having that historic track to ourselves. I was hoping to run my front tire up on the back of Ken Faught's leg, but he didn't ride because he had a busted toe. That's the only thing that was missing in an otherwise perfect day...
DM

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Donn - Glad your Bday was great!

Why don't you bring yourself and that new scoot to DW? We will be glad to help write a story about it. Hell, for that matter, bring a bunch of bikes! ;)

Tony

Top Bottom