Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
OK guys, since they are giving us riders a free AYCE Pancake and Sausage supper Sat night from 4:30 to 7 I'm taking the night off from grilling and eating that.

I washed my bike tonight and it looks like there is enough materials left on it to ride Harrison so I'm good to go. After dragging that thing up so many moon rocks and picking it up from crashes I wasn't sure if all the parts were still on it. It hit the rocks hard on both sides many times. :yell: Now to get the swelling down :uh: on my body before next Sunday. :nod:

DW, hook us up with a good spot if you get there early.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Sounds good to me....Saturday night dinner....AYCE, but I still might have some room for some f.....in cake!!
DW, sounds like your arrival will be a couple of hours ahead of me. Try to get along the tree line on the north side of the field...this location has worked well in the past.

I took my skid plate off tonight.....damn glad those marks are NOT on my frame or engine. New rubber and a check up from Dr. Stoney at LC and we will be ready to go this weekend.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Well I power washed Marquette off tonight and I must say the silver bullet is not doing so good! I really beat the sh it outa him good this time! List is big and soon the parts guys wallet will be too. I will save us all a good spot at Harrison and there will be some F'n cake!

DW

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Wolverine423 said:
I will save us all a good spot at Harrison and there will be some F'n cake!

DW

:cool:

barkbuster67

Nov 6, 2002
With a repaired pipe, fresh tires, and my Wing Man "MaGoo", we'll be there. I've changed my goals, I only wish to finish. See ya all at Harrison.

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
Wolverine423 said:
Well I power washed Marquette off tonight and I must say the silver bullet is not doing so good! I really beat the sh it outa him good this time!

DW

:yell: Now thats some funny ****. Shouldn.t be but is is :laugh: Daddy treaten her like a big girl now. Maybe thats why the Bling doesn't add much to the resale value. Thanks for the laugh, tear em up at Harrison.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Big girl now is right TCT, You could say I bent her over a few moon rocks and showed her who's boss eh! ;) But also bet that the piece of swag will be at Harrison lookin sweet as usual :cool:

DW

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Wolverine423 said:
Big girl now is right TCT, You could say I bent her over a few moon rocks and showed her who's boss eh! ;)
DW

Ah, so thats what you were doing when ya checked in 8 minutes late in the last section. Givin' her a little love eh? :nod:

nzambon

Apr 19, 2003
Well it sure is fun reading your posts. I'am sorry I will not be attending harrison as much as I like the Liposky's There sections ARE TOO SHORT! I will be atttending the Holy oak MN enduro its More like a real enduro. When are you guys going to figure it out when its a start control there is no need for a Rt sheet. Hey fred thanks for the ckiken it was a life saver. Sorry to here you had so much trouble in the AA sec. But how about that smit dog awesome baby. He wanted to quit at aa ob but I told him to suck it up and get his revenge . He did.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
nzambon said:
Hey fred thanks for the ckiken it was a life saver. .

You're welcome. :cool:

nzambon said:
Sorry to here you had so much trouble in the AA sec.

Maybe because I'm not a "AA" rider eh? But I was not alone having trouble in there, just look at the scores. I was not defeated! :nener:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Got my sweet azz trials tire snug on da rim last night.... It's the last Dunlop Nick had, and am ready for the assult on Harrison!

Early row and trails tire...it'll feel like cheatin' against the poor slobs in rows 35+

:nener:

barkbuster67

Nov 6, 2002
Smit-Dog, hate to disappoint you, but I don't think the trails tire will be the hot ticket in Harrison. I just put the S-12's back on. You should also know that trails tires do NOT like wet grass. :yikes: I'll have my tire tools if you wish to change back. By the way, congrads on your Loose Moose run. See ya in Harrison.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
What a great event!! Very challenging...I know I rode an enduro. The new format seemed to work very well. It was great to see Jenks, Hawk, Andrews and some local GNCC riders ride this event.
The Lipovski's and friends always do a wonderful job with an enduro. You add the influence of Alan Randt and Dick Burleson and I give it an A+!!
Here are the top 7 for today's race...
Bobbitt 38
Hawk 40
Edmondson 41
Jenks 42
Bersano 43
Barber 43
Andrews 44
There were a number of guys at 45 and I did not have time to check the tie breaker points.

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
Harrison was pure fun!. A great event. Congrats on your class win F&S.

I rode on the same minute with Jim J. a masters rider out of New York and class leader in the National series. Man can he haul the mail. His first enduro was in '54.

Smit-Dog, Jim J., Tim S., and myself were on minute 10. Man did we have a blast. Tim is from Harrison and loves to start fast which made for a very interesting grass track race. At one point going into a corner I hear Smit-Dog yelling something like 'Oh-No'. I look around and for a split second I thought I might get T-Boned. My arms were so pumped going into the woods section after the grass track I had trouble steering. Needless to say I ripped a shroud off during an off-trail detour and Smit-Dog passed me. Damn is he fast in the tight stuff.

Looking forward to a weekend off as I never fully recovered from Marquette. My knees are sore. My tailbone hurts. My bum is raw. My neck is tired and sore. My hands are sore. And I keep geeting headaches after finishing. I hit my head at Marquette REALLY hard. Boy - I sure do love enduros. :nod:

Last edited:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
yeah

My day was full of mistakes in Harrison, I never got through one section with out screwing something up. Went through 2 pairs of gloves from falling into mud, managed to get stuck many, many times and wore myself out. I too think I was just too exhausted from marquette the week before and my upper body couldn't hold on to keep enough momentum to handle the mud. 2 weeks off is going to be nice, i hope to be healed up enough by roselawn to redeem my embarassing ride in Harrison. Glad I get to throw that one away! Congrats to all who did well, that was a challenging enduro.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
It was not my day to be on a bike.

Body (tender knee, stiff neck, fresh gash), mind (every tree was a crash waiting to happen), and bike (rear brake seized, then went away in each section) had not recovered yet from Marquette.

Mentally, I rode like a scared C-rider... tense, apprehensive, pushing away from the handlebars... completely uncoordinated for the first half of the day. Above all else I was afraid of crashing, so dialed it waay down. I did get into a better frame of mind late in the day (last 2 sections), but by then it was too little too late.

That Jenks master rider on our minute (age 62) absolutely flys in the woods. He dropped 63 and took his class. Second place was in the 80s somewhere.

Salgeek is consistently wicked fast as well... definitely helps pull me when I can keep up. Sorry for the near T-Bone move... Figured it worked for Fatherandson... :) Just kidding.... It was my final push to try and redeem an embarrassing run, so I was just trying to stay close for once.

The trail was arrowed very well (red on white is MUCH easier to see than black on white). The staging area has to be the nicest anywhere... felt like my backyard, and everything is really close (sign-up, tech, start, grass track, finish, awards). Great event for spectating

Excellent job by the club. :cool:

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
Smit-Dog said:
.... It was my final push to try and redeem an embarrassing run, so I was just trying to stay close for once.

And a hell of a final push it was - you won the section, lock-stock-and barrel. I gave it everything I had. :bang:

Quite honestly, I have no recollection of the 2nd.
to the last section - you probably won that one too - SmitDog!

Smit - what did you yell out when all three of us nearly collided on the grass track? That was BIG fun.

Your recovery after setbacks was nothing short of amazing.

I lost 12 pts and 6 pts in the last two sections? F&S, DW how 'bout you all?

Top Bottom