crae

Apr 28, 2005
Hi there

I have a 98 RM 250 and I pulled the head & cylinder off recently to do some repairs. I bought a new aftermarket gasket kit. I noticed when reassembly, the inner head gasket didn't quite fit into the cylinder grooves? So I strecthed the gasket to try & make it fit. I torqued the head nuts etc.

I then could not start the bike! So I pulled it all apart again & noticed that all of the fresh coolant I put in the bike has ended up in my barrell!! :bang: When I pulled it apart I notice that same gasket was out of position. Has this caused my coolant leak into the cylinder?? If so should I get a OEM gasket or should I just try some gasket sealant with the existring gasket?

I also have a brand new OEM head.

Any suggestion would be great!

Cheers
Chris.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Suzuki o ring seals for the head are a little touchy when putting them in , and stretching has a tendency to roll , They don't seat properly. I used a moose set(nice price with seals too) and I had to stretch it about 1/8 inch , then with a little 2t oil rubbed the o ring in place to straighten it out or unroll it. Proper torque on the head is very important. Once torqued it is garbage.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Yes we are talking o-rings here. As long as you did not overheat the head should be fine, otherwise check it for warpage, most manuals cover this. The o-rings have to lay flat and unrolled, otherwise it will move and not lay properly.

Top Bottom