BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Big lake right by camp. I thought I was almost going to have to be "on-call" for the ride weekend but.....I'm FREE!

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Bring the dog. It'll be no problem.

I've been working on the little MX track(not really a track, more of a trail with jumps). It should be alot funner now. I am also ordering arrrows for the trails. I just hope I have time to get them up. I also will mark the four places that the trail crosses the road to camp. Big STOP/DANGER signs.

I am going back this weekend to work with the tractor some more. I'm trying to make a nice little step up,table top, double type of thing. Lots of dirt to move. :eek: hopefully I don't run out of time.

motox757

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 14, 2001
Well, mx547 said I should reply to this thread so that my ten-year old son and I can come on out to the Farm and enjoy a little camping and riding this Memorial Day weekend. (He said that I am officially invited in an email and that he is the Big Dog of the Heartland Spodes and whatever he says goes! ...just kidding mx 547...)

Hey justql, is that pond (lake?) have fish in it? Is so, what kind? And, can we bring our fishing poles to do a little fishin'?

motox757

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 14, 2001
Also, I hope those dogs that are invited are motorcycle savvy. I've taken out more than one dog who just didn't the sence to stay away from my wheels... (Once in a bob-tail delivery truck doing about 50 mph on a back road at 2:00 AM in the morning, a German Sheperd. Another time on my road bicycle, that time the little dog made me go down and I opened up my elbow, the little dog limped off into the field never to be seen again... There are a few other times, but I don't want to bore you all with the gory details...) Don't take this the wrong way, it just seems that my wheels have magnets for the K9's...

Hey I though you could edit your posts on this board but I have yet to find the button... ...hhmmmm...

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Lone Chimney Lake. I think it's popular with catfishers. I'm not a fisher so I'm not for certain on that. Lots of trees in the water etc. The lake is maybe 3/4 mile across at it's widest and a couple of miles total in length. Horseshoe shape. We have a little less than 1/2 mile of lake front. It is a state ran lake. No one on our place will check licences or anything like that. I've never seen any kinda ranger etc. There are three ponds on the place a couple have fish in them. I think a few bass and perch. There used to be a canoe up at the house, I'm not for sure if it's around anymore. In other words bring your poles.

I would rather ride than fish myself but hey whatever, I hang out with mx547 and he rides a ..................HONDA :eek:

Look forward to seeing you there. Most of the times the kids have a blast.

motox757

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 14, 2001
...uuhhhh... I will be bringing two Honda's at least, maybe three if I can fit the Z-50 in the truck bed with the rest of the gear I will be bringing (camping and such...)

Ride red or.... ...or... ...ummm... ...or ride some other color...

hehehe...

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Just joking about the hondas. heck I even own one. A z50 ;) Great little bikes. Maybe we can have a z50 race. :confused:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Hey justql, is that pond (lake?) have fish in it? Is so, what kind? And, can we bring our fishing poles to do a little fishin'?
What kind of fish? WET with scales! I bet they swim in their own .... :uh: .... well you know.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
:) OK bswift. You just proved you know what a fish is...... :confused: Do you know what kind are there?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Justql, are the creek crossing going to be in good enough shape with all of the rain? Need me to come up this weekend and help with prep? I could do Sunday if I don't race Ascot with MX547.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Do you know what kind are there?
Biggun's, littlen's, slipperyun's. I don't fish. Funny thing is, I use a fish tape nearly everyday at work and I never get any fish. I guess the sticky isn't that good. Who ever thought of using tape to catch fish was looney. :think:

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Boy things must be boring in Creek county tonight, you're full of them. ;)

Last time I was there, last week they were in good shape. The grass was grown up, but the crossings were ok. A few face slappers but nothing too bad.

How much rain did you all get?? I was planning on going down tomorrow night and stay the weekend there. I've still got some work to do on the MX track, thats where I'm spending all my time working. The trails could use some arrows and very little trimming, mostly they just need some riding.
I also am putting up some danger signs etc where needed

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I went to Ponca today and the creeks were all full. They got a frog floater of a rain last night. If still trying to decide if I will go to Ascot Sat. nite. After the ride at Badlands, I would like to do another moto or two. If I don't go to Ascot, I'll make it up to the farm and give you a hard time, I mean, give you a hand. Thought I was going to get to visit with your cousin Randy today, but I guess he was wanting to have a visit with someone else, if you know what I mean.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Aren't you lucky, just remember if it's him he rides a zooki. I'll call the folks and see how wet it is. If it's too muddy to move dirt I'll skip it. I'm trying to make a nice step up that is taking a bunch of time.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I will likely be in Ponca again tomorrow, I may stop by there on my way home.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I hope to be there by 600pm. Get the tractor moved over tomorrow night, start early Saturday on the dirt work. Leave early Sunday afternoon for home.

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
Give up Maicos??!!! Never... but I always wanted one a those red Elsinores (which were copies of the 78 - 80 Maicos!!) I'll drag some old iron out to the farm Memorial day.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Good to hear you still "committed" to Maicos. I'd like to see some the vintage stuff.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by justql
[BI also am putting up some danger signs etc where needed [/B]

don't forget to put one on the back of your chest protector. :debil:

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
FWIW, I was talking to an aquaintance the other day about fishing, asked what his biggest bass was- a 9#er out of Lone Chimney.....

Top Bottom