mattbeck

Jun 3, 2009
Hey looking to buy a bike and need help. Im a trail rider. Not to much experience. But i want to know how this bike will do in the trails? He is dropping the price to 1300 for me. its a 99' KTM 300 mxc. let me know please!! i need the help.

ryderbuddy

Jun 7, 2009
Re-ktm 300

I've owned two KTM's: a 250 2-stroke and a 450 4-stroke. I just got rid of my KTM 4-stroke for weight reasons, but I loved it other than that. It was the 450MXC which has the electric start and battery and it was just too heavy for me personally. But KTM makes awesome bikes and they come stock with the best parts. As to your question about the 300 2-stroke I think it's a sweet bike. My buddy has a 2006 KTM 300XC and it rips. The bike is very light compared to a 450 or equivalent powered 4-stroke. He really likes his bike and from the little time I put on it I like it a lot too. He rides it primarily on trails and hill climbs and although my buddy is an excellent rider he is always the fastest guy out there even with the big 4-strokes. It does have a lot of power though I'll warn if you're not very experienced. I would call a local shop and make sure you'll be able to get parts fairly easy though. My old KTM 250 was extremely difficult to get parts for but it was a late 80's model. The 99 shouldn't be a problem I wouldn't think but it won't hurt to check. The price sounds pretty good to me. I hope that helps.

Top Bottom