gon2usaf

Jan 7, 2007
CR125 Troubles

Look guys, I am very irratated with my 2006 CR125. I have bought too many plugs, and changed mixtures to no evail. It continues to foul plugs, leaving them a knarly black. I went with a BR8EG, try to run it a little hotter and that does not help either. I need some serious help. Where is the air/fuel mixture jet on the carburator. The exhaust, is cased in oil. I did buy it used, and the person that had it before me, definently didnt ride it the way you need to ride a 2-stroke. The faster I can get help, the better. Thanks everyone.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
gon2usaf said:
Look guys, I am very irratated with my 2006 CR125. I have bought too many plugs, and changed mixtures to no evail. It continues to foul plugs, leaving them a knarly black. I went with a BR8EG, try to run it a little hotter and that does not help either. I need some serious help. Where is the air/fuel mixture jet on the carburator. The exhaust, is cased in oil. I did buy it used, and the person that had it before me, definently didnt ride it the way you need to ride a 2-stroke. The faster I can get help, the better. Thanks everyone.

You probably would be best served by doing a search for Jetting on here, and reading some of that.

There was a pretty good jetting tutorial I read on the KDX forum a while back, but it will apply to your bike also.

It definately sounds like you need to rejet, but there is a main jet and a pilot jet.. You will probably have to make adjustments to both. You quite possibly may need to change the needle setting and maybe even the slide.

You can reach the main jet by removing the large cap from the bottom of the float bowl on the carb, don't even need to
remove the carb for this one.

For the pilot, I think you need to take the bowl off. Don't recall.

The slide and needle can be worked on without removing the carb.

Good luck

Last edited:

gon2usaf

Jan 7, 2007
Can anyone tell me where the jetting screws are on my 2006 CR125 Honda? I unfortuantly do not know much about this bike. Help quickly!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
You will have to remove the carb and then remove the bowl on the bottom. Your main and pilot jet are accessible there. The jets should have the size stamped into them. The main jet is the one in the center. They should are brass.

stephend

Mod Ban
Jan 7, 2007
i had the same **** for my cr85 it drove me nuts , i know u see oil coming seeping down the exhaust pipe , and it needed to be rejeted , also if u see clouds of white smoke coming out of ur pipe thats how u know ur burning way to much oil and not enough air , deff rejet ur bike and see how far screwd in is the air jet , if u dono where the air jet is, its the flat head screw which is to the left ( atleast on my bike) from the idle screw , the idle screw is the screw that has that gold spring on it , let us know what happens

Brit Chris

Aug 16, 2005
Hi,
I had a very similar problem as you on my kx250 plug fouling black gunk coming out the exhaust smoking like it was on 60 smokes a day, i also tried re-jetting new plugs the hole 9 yards.Then i i came to me most 2 stroke engines work on a vacume to seperate the gearbox oil fron the rest of the engine and if your crank seals have gone it will draw the oil in to the barrel causing it to foul plugs and smoke. One way to check if they have gone drop the trans oil start the bike and let it run ( dont ride it) wait for the exhaust to stop smoking stop the bike change the plug run it again for about 20-30 stop the bike again and check the condition of the plug if there is no fouling then it's the seal once they are changed out the bike should run fine.

Top Bottom