medwaste

Dec 1, 2006
Help me out with this one, I've heard enough of that phrase. My daughter's fiance got me hooked on off road riding. On a rare occasion, we'll go to a track together or with friends. And when we get home, that's what I hear. " He's MY boyfriend." I don't get it. I'd love for her to come with. And I like having someone else around when I ride just in case. Frankly, I'm embarrassed that she words her feelings like that.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I'm sorry, but I find a bit o' humor in this, since the first thing I thought of when I read this was the scene in Young Frankenstein when Frau Blücher told Victor that the former Baron von Frankenstein "was my BOYFRIEND!!"
fraubluckerxn3.jpg

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Sounds like the two of them need to have a heart to heart before he's more than a fiance. Besides the obvious jealousy/insecurity issue, how's she going to handle any of his hobby time once they are married?

Apr 30, 2007
Funny how that all works...I have had, and still have the same problem with one of the other riders in my class. With the exception that she is a lesbian and has a girlfriend that is very jealous over any amount of time we spend at the track together. This jealousy is also regardless of whether or not there are any others at the track.

Given, we have only shared a ride once (the other times don't count...she was bringing me in to the ER!). I still hear the whole "She's my girlfriend and I think you two are spending way too much time together." This stated even though she knows full well that I would never consider

Chili brings an incredibly important point.

The couple I speak of has what I'd consider to be a pretty unhealthy relationship with all the jealousy and mistrust that goes on.

SRH22

Feb 10, 2009
why doesnt he just break it to her that a dirtbike will never lie cheat or steal from you, nothing against your daughter, its just women in general. hahaha

medwaste

Dec 1, 2006
SRH22- I feel that way about dogs and I know you're just kidding about women. I'm pretty sure she wishes he was as passionate about her as he is about riding. Is this a guy thing?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
honestly, as long as the dude hasn't "put the moves on you", so to speak, he's probably oblivious to your daughter's feelings about the whole thing.. She should broach the subject with him and get it out in the open.

Unfortunately, he'll probably laugh it off, which will just torque her a little more.

I think of my own situation, and if my mother-in-law rode with me. Just the mere thought of anything, er, untoward happening with her oogs me out. :whoa:

medwaste

Dec 1, 2006
Oog is not a word but I get your drift. I come up with creepy or icky or barf. Is that one of those computer terms like lol or imo?

kaboom1371

Jan 15, 2008
medwaste said:
SRH22- I feel that way about dogs and I know you're just kidding about women. I'm pretty sure she wishes he was as passionate about her as he is about riding. Is this a guy thing?

it might be a girl thing. :nener: I've lost a few women because of my bikes. The last one I really gave an effort to. sold my dirtbike for her, she was happy, bought a street bike she was back to unhappy. then I bought another dirtbike and she was very unhappy and down the road.. since then I have bought 2 more bikes..I'm happy... :nener: :)

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
medwaste said:

Actually no, it's not a guy thing. It's a woman's insecurity thing. She should be thankful that his passion is something as simple and as harmless as motorcycles.

**disclaimer - I'm not generalizing about women, I am one.**

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
dirty~d~ said:
Actually no, it's not a guy thing. It's a woman's insecurity thing. She should be thankful that his passion is something as simple and as harmless as motorcycles.

**disclaimer - I'm not generalizing about women, I am one.**

Ditto. and second on the Oog :nod:

Top Bottom