Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Jer - The Yamaha works bikes in World Superbike are using an electronic Ohlins rear shock. Any chance you have some details on how it functions?

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 253

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Rich,

Cool stuff. I don't, we could speculate, that you are changing settings as the shock comes up to temp rather than use a shock warmer. Also with the TTX concept the shock is more externally adjustable than traditional so we have a way changing the compression and rebound settings at the bar?

Finally and this is the blue sky stuff but perhaps the shock interprets chassis data and changes the settings accordingly!

Jer

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Jeremy Wilkey said:
Rich,

Cool stuff. I don't, we could speculate, that you are changing settings as the shock comes up to temp rather than use a shock warmer. Also with the TTX concept the shock is more externally adjustable than traditional so we have a way changing the compression and rebound settings at the bar?

Finally and this is the blue sky stuff but perhaps the shock interprets chassis data and changes the settings accordingly!

Jer

From the onboard shots I've seen Rossi spinning a big thumbwheel on the left bar. I wasn't sure if that was a slipper/ back torque clutch adjustment, or possibly a suspension change.

The engine management/traction control systems seem to have GPS capability, so making corner to corner changes based on track position and DAQ data seems possible.

Interesting times we live in. :cool:

Top Bottom