Janatan

Jun 23, 2004
hello everybody i am currently 14 and i plan to get me a dirtbike for trail riding.i live in texas. what are some good places to ride.im in houston . thanks

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Janatan: Welcome to the site ;)

Regarding riding opportumities, there are a large number of tracks, many of which have lights, ringing the city of Houston. Open trail riding is a bit more limited with the only real opportunity being the Sam Houston National Forest by New Waverly (60 or so miles up I45 towards Dallas).

Maybe one of our Dads from your area will post up.

Peruse the What Bike Do I Get... ? forum for some great discussions about which bike to get. If you don't find your answer, post a question, including height, weight, experience, etc. and you will get a bunch of good information.

BMUU

Jun 15, 2004
there is a track called 3 palms in conroe that I went to. It had some trails but they were closed off due to the rain we have had lately. I really liked the track there were 4 diffrent ones to choose from depending on your skill, it was my first time riding my cr 125 and I had lots of fun. I live in dallas however and am looking for somewhere simular near hear.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
BMUU said:
there is a track called 3 palms in conroe that I went to. It had some trails but they were closed off due to the rain we have had lately. I really liked the track there were 4 diffrent ones to choose from depending on your skill, it was my first time riding my cr 125 and I had lots of fun. I live in dallas however and am looking for somewhere simular near hear.

Welcome!

Stop in in the North Texas Smack Pack forum and check the offerings. There is usually a group going somewhere every weekend. Track or trails, your pick.

Most of the tracks that folks frequent are an hour (or so) from Dallas with a couple of exceptions. I would suggest starting a thread in the NTSP and introducing yourself.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
There are a lot of riders that come from the Houston area to ride at this place CLICK HERE
I'm not sure how far it is but it has to at least be a 2 hour drive. This place has a day track, a lighted sx style night track, a kids track and miles of trails that are suppossed to be great. I've only ridden the night track so I can't vouge for the other tracks there.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom