CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
Kim, sorry for taking so long to reply. My work load since February has been so much that it is really taking away from my time here. ;)

Anyway, the enduro in Breezy Hill is one of my favorites. The only down side is the heat, usually in the mid to upper 90's in Louisiana in August. The trails are really nice and usually nothing that terribly difficult.

For a first enduro, I'd suggest just trying to go as far as you can and having a great time. I wouldn't worry about keeping time or anything like that. I usually just ride with someone who I know is faster than me (not to difficult there) and is a good time keeper. That takes the guess work out of it for me. I just ride the best I can. When or if I see them, I stop. If I don't see the others on my row, I know I'm late. Let me know if you can make it and if you want to ride on the same row. Hopefully John will be riding with me and can keep time for us.

I'm not sure exactly where Patterson, LA is. I always assumed it was somewhere around Alexandria. If you want, I'll give Angie (Curlyma) your e-mail address. She's really nice and always fun to be around. Maybe ya'll could get a ride together.

Again, sorry for taking so long to reply!

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
Welcome Kim this is a great site with some good people. Hey could some of you "dirt chicks" help me convert my wife into a "dirt chick"? Got to go find my drool bucket now.

Steve

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Steve, how about you start a new thread & we take it from there.
Even if your wife gives four wheels a go, we may convince her to try 2 in time. Check out the threads about the enduro school, show her all the women riding, how plenty of us love it too (excuse me while I go barf, just had a rough day, anyone wanna buy a KDX200? I'll throw in a TM250 & husband to go with it).
Looking forward to hearing more about your wife, what she ends up getting or why she doesn't want to ride. Oh, speaking of that, check out Cindy's page about excuses:
http://cindygross.tripod.com/dirtbike.htm

BTW welcome to Kim & all the other new female members, glad to have you onboard.
Michelle

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by Fe_princess
Still trying to keep the Riff-Raff out, huh?

Ain't workin!!! :) :)

Welcome to DRN Kim. Don't listen too much to gospeedracer and bbbom. They are part of the DRN Man Haters club, I think speedy is the president and bbbom is the seargent at arms. ;)

OUCH!! Alright, alright bbbom, I'm leaving. :confused:

Last edited:

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
Welcome Kim...I live in New Jersey if thats close (not). If you like the trails, contact SETRA. On my way to bike week this year I raced two SETRA enduros and had a great time (good break from ECEA enduros). I've learned as a woman rider in a man dominated sport (no offense, dudes) "That we weren't born with balls, we hafta' earn them!" In enduros, you definetly earn'em...

Top Bottom