RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
450's are kind of bland now. Dungey is still on fire but without any competition you have to go back several places to see some good racing. Alessis has been so consistent I'd be surprised if he didn't take the runner up spot for the season. He put up a good fight for the lead in the second moto but just didn't have the speed to prevent the pass by Dungey.

Jason and Jeff need to realize that Stewart is not the one contending for points anymore. During both motos it seems like all they talked about was Stewart and how fast he is and how is Dungey going to match his "brilliance" (really??). Even when Stewart was healthy Dungey was on his tail the whole race. Even Stewart mentioned that the 4 wins he had weren't easy because of the pressure Dungey was putting on him. I'd like to hear about the rest of the riders too.

In the interview after the first moto Alessis excused himself for farting. If must have been loud enough for him to think the mic picked it up. Being a guy I thought it was funny. My wife did a double take and asked if he really said that. It was the highlight of the day ;)

Tomac was the one to watch for the day. He got a bad start and proceeded to put on a clinic..much like Bagget did last year. It was amazing. Another good ride was by Anderson. He was at nearly the end of the pack and caught up to 13th in the first moto. They never even mentioned him.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Alessi rode very well, but he's just not in Dungey's class over a long moto.

Was disappointed Bubba had to sit out Moto 2. Would at least like to have seen him salvage some points to keep the title chase interesting. Hopefully JBS will ride the rest of the series and not drop out to wait for SX.

The Lites are awesome racing, and should reamin so for the rest of the series. Any of the Top 4 could take the title (Bagget, Barcia, Roczen, Tomac). All those guys have tons of talent and heart.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I had to go back and hear what Alessi said and he said he brain farted. Oh well :)

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
I was just happy that I actually got to watch all 4 motos this weekend (nbc sports has been flaky in prior weeks). I will say that with JBS injured, the 450 class is pretty boring. The lites racing is AMAZING though. EPIC battle between Tomac and Barcia, and then watching Tomac catch/pass Ken on the last lap was sweet.

It gives me hope that the 450 class will be exciting once again when these kids move up.... and not such a 1 (or 2) man show.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Add 2011 Champ Dean Wilson to the list of young riders who will be battling it out for years to come.

It is just a blast watching the top 250 riders pushing each other to the limit.

And Ryan Dungey, today's top MX class rider, is only 22 years old himself.

If riders would stop getting hurt so bad in SX, today's talent pool would be as deep as it has ever been.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I like Tomac a lot... good kid. Crazy good racing in the little bike class this year. Gotta admit, I like the Ken dude as well, too bad he's a German :) I do find myself pulling for him though. Lot's of talent out there this year.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Okiewan said:
I like Tomac a lot... good kid. Crazy good racing in the little bike class this year. Gotta admit, I like the Ken dude as well, too bad he's a German :) I do find myself pulling for him though. Lot's of talent out there this year.
+1 Tomac.

+1 Dungey.

+1 Roczen.

:whoa:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Okiewan said:

:nod:

Top Bottom