Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
So I was riding at a nice track today and going off some big table tops in a row, their faces are pretty steep and like 12-18ft high, and they shoot you like another 15-20 ft high and about 50-60ft long(Englishtown Raceway race track, for those who've ridden there). Well, I must have crashed on the first one, not sure how dont remember, all I remember is picking my bike up and dragging off to side in between both tabletops. And as I was on the ground I was for some reason thinking i was daydreaming, it took me a minute to figure out i wasnt. I forgot what happened like 5 minutes before, dont remember riding any of the track before jump, or going off it and crashing, nothing, I do remember getting on track though. So my bikes front end is all messed up, and my helmet has big 'ol scrapes on both sides :think: and my lower back hurts alittle. So, the question is, does anyone think I got a concussion or something, maybe should see a doc? I feel fine my head has a small bump on front side, but it feels a-okay.
BTW, On wednesdays at englishtown raceway, they open up the real race track to bikers, and it is the best track i've ever ridden, its real fast and fun.
Jim

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
I had the same thing back in January. Dr. said that it was a mild concussion. For me everything was fine in an hour or two. No additional concussion symptons other than what you described.

BTW, if you took that hard of hit, you should toss your helmet and buy a new one.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. I took a simple jump that sent me over the bars, got up totally confused. I was in a fog for a few hours after. My shoulder and a rib hurt immediately. I knew I hit my head real hard, but I didn’t realize how hard until I noticed that my vision was blurry - for a week later. Needless to say, I bought a new helmet. And it was a good thing I was wearing a chest protector because instead of a bruised shoulder and rib (the rib still hurts four weeks later) I would have had a broken rib and a dislocated shoulder.

If you made it through the night…you’re probably OK. I’ve had my bell rung a few times, the worst during a Lacrosse game…I was scooping-up a ball I got my head sandwiched between TWO people that hit me - hard. I got up (so I’m told) and just started wandering around the field. I was out of it for a few days.

Check you vision…I couldn’t believe how bad my close vision was. Also, do you notice any ringing in your ears? Are your eyes blood-shot? Does your neck hurt? Any numbness in your toes or fingers? If you have any of these conditions, I’d see a doctor. If not, rest for a week or so.

But if “something” just isn’t right (including your temper or attitude), even in a few days, go see a doctor.

Shig

~SPONSOR~
Jan 15, 2004
Sounds like a mild concussion to me. The last time I had one I was vomitting every hour like clockwork. They kept me in the hospital overnight and kept waking me throughout the night to make sure I didn't go into a coma. Otherwise, there's not much a doctor can do for you.

A riding buddy recently had a more severe concussion that wiped out all of his short-term memory for about two days. He kept asking the same 5 questions over and over all night long after the crash. He annoyed the hell out of us with the constant questions about where he crashed, but he ended up fine after a night in the hospital for observations.

Doctors like to keep you in the hospital for observations in case you have an internal bleed. BMXr Matt Hoffman almost died from a similar bleed a couple years ago. He took a header on a half pipe and walked away from the crash. The problems didn't start till much later that day.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I drove a guy home after a crash and he asked me the same question every 15-20 seconds for the whole 45 minute drive.

I was loopy and out of it for a couple months after a decent crash where I broke my helmet in 4 places. Not to mess with...see a Dr.

yamahonky

Jul 2, 2004
my dad wrecked and hit his head and gradually kept losing the days memory before it happend. Then, he kept asking the same question over and over. go to the doctor.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
High Lord Gomer said:
...he asked me the same question every 15-20 seconds for the whole 45 minute drive...

Glitch,

If we notice that you start posting the same questions over and over, we'll send a doctor to you! :cool:

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
Thanks guys,
I dont have any of those problems, so I think I'll be fine. I'm not loopy or anything, just for like 30min after crash. I think it was a stupid mild concussion or something, the ones that piss you off because you dont remember how you crashed. I do keep asking the same question though, 'how did I crash', I was really hoping one of my buds would see what happened, but no such luck. The concensus is that I landed on the the edge of a crater on the landing, and that kicked my front end off to side, then I and bike slammed sideways into ground, which would explain messed up front end, and alittle bit of the bruise on noggin and broke goggles. The back is a beeyotch though, its like I tore a muscle or something, its fine when I'm laying or sitting, but when I try to sit up, down, or side to side, or basically anything, it feels like got hit with a hammer or something. No blood in piss though, so probably just need to wait it out, but I really wanna get back riding, that track was awesome.
Anyway..., thanks alot for reply's, i'll be sure to make an appointment if i become in anyway, 'un'normal.
Jim

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
New helmet time!! I tossed my nice shoei aside last year when I got knocked silly, it just had a few light scuffs on it. I was out for 5 minutes and dont remember the crash or much until I was in the hopital. A mild concussion..no big deal...right?? Nope. I couldn't remember anything that people would tell me for months. Someone would say something and within a few seconds I'd go blank not remembering what the heck was just said. I thought I was fine after that crash...others around me begged to differ and eventually got me to see a doc. Shoulda done that a month earlier!! IMO just go see what the doc thinks. If all is good he'll just say to not ride for a while....alrighty doc :rotfl: If its bad he'll say not to ride for a lot longer :debil:

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
I had to go to the docs for a daily check up acouple weeks ago and asked 'em about my concussion and stuff, they checked me out for that too and said i'm fine, but should come in the day of accident next time. Fortunately I recieved a brand new helmet when I bought my new(used) bike, so the old ones history.

Top Bottom