theBurger

Jan 12, 2008
Hi,

I recently bought a 1998 Honda CR250 and need some help with the clutch.

The person I got the bike from said that it had a racing clutch in it and that when it is cold the clutch does not disengage properly but fine when up to temp.

I have ridden the bike round and it is better when at temp but the clutch will never disangage 100%. It is impossible to pull the clutch in and come to a stop without the bike stalling.

I have adjusted the cable but this does not help.

Any ideas.

Thanks

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
i agree. in fact i have 99 cr 250. my clutch was not fully dissengaging when it was cold out when i bought. my bike wouldnt come to a stall when i stopped but it tried to creep up. i tried adjusting and it didnt do anything for me. i opened it up and i need a new basket and all the good stuff to go along with it. its not bad doing it yourself if you need one. also, get a good manual. i have one and its great. sounds like you have some clutch issues though. pm me if you want they place i got my parts at.

theBurger

Jan 12, 2008
Thanks guys for the replies.

I have no problems doing things like this, I work for an engineering company. I also have done alot of work on my Nissan 200SX

I took the cover off today and was delighted with what I saw......

A new set of clutch plates and a new basket....

and the cause of the problem, the idiot that fitted it had left one of the springs and bolts out, so the clutch was only lifting on one fifth of it surface. I will get a new spring tomorrow and that should be that.

Thanks

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
That'll certainly do it!! Good find.

Usually the only way to really understand how something is working, or not working in this case, is to open it up and have a look.

Top Bottom