KTMBell

May 14, 2001
Just purchased a new 2002 CR80 for my son. I'm having problems with excess spooge coming from around the pipe at the motor. Tried to take the pipe off and re-seat it...but no luck. Is there anything I can use to help mount/seal the pipe better.

KTMBell
2001 KTM 200 MXC
2002 Honda CR 80

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Pull it, clean BOTH the flange and the pipe well and then try a THIN coating of copper silicon gasket goo. It has worked flawlessly on my KTM 4 times now.

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
I had the exact same problem on my 2002 cr80. I cured it by using Hi-Temp silicone gasket maker that i bought from the auto parts store. Take the pipe off, clean the surfaces with brake cleaner, (dont clean the rubber with it!) and then spread the silicone around the flange.

Before i did this I had spooge up the wazoo. It got all over my right boot, and made a huge mess. I havent had any problems since doing this.

ewbish

Feb 3, 2002
This is standard with all CR80's. The factory flange has a really crappy metal oring that lasts about 5 minutes. This has existed on all CR80's from the mid 90's to present. You can seal it with high heat liquid gasket but that is a temp solution at best. The only real fix is the Atomic 22 replacement flange. You can check it out here:

http://www.atomic22.com/bikes/honda/honda.htm

Eric

Top Bottom