Hot to use my MSR RAPTOR clutch perch and lever?

Feb 25, 2001
I had just bought this today for my 2001 cr 125. I took off the old stock clutch perch and put on this new one. Its suposed to reduce clutch pull by 33% anywho how does this thing work ? it has 3 holes for your clutch cable to go into A, B ,C
A = Wide run
B= Conventional position
C= Easy pull This is what the package says ...whats wide run ?
Anywho so ofcoarse I put it on C for easy clutch pull which is why I bought the thing. Only problem is ...when I put it on C which is the bottom hole of the 3 holes it lost all clutch play why would this be ? will this burn up my clutch ? When I had my last lever & perch on (stock) I had the play set for just enough to fit a coin inbetween the perch and lever. So I tried the quick adjust part of the perch and it only turns 60% either way just like the manual says so you cant do a full turn either way(in or out) So in either position fully in or fully out it didnt make anymore play. Is this just a normal characterstic of this lever and should I be worried . Thats how I fried my first clutch was from not running enough play in the lever. So I do not want to make that mistake on this barnett clutch plates and springs that I have in it. Any help would be great and well appreciated.

awilson40

Apr 13, 2001
Dont crash on it...

My son just tipped over and broke his at the perch... Ticked us off. It worked well but seems to be made of cheap 'pot metal"

Top Bottom