They are going to a bigger factory, so that is probably true. Did you order from SMS? Is it a standard XC or EC spec motor option? I'm going to my local dealer this week and I'll check if the one he had is still there. If the delay gets to the point of ruining your season, maybe this is another option? Good luck, its worth the wait and the $$.