Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
Let me start by saying, "I am a slow, not on the pipe to much woods rider:confused: ". I'm getting ready for a new rear tire, and since I'm not a agressive rider I don't really know if I could tell if a certain brand of tire is working good for me or not. The terrain I ride in, is alot of ledge rocks, quite a bit of mud, alot of washed out trails. I would like a good tire that lasts pretty good (who doen't:think ). I have heard good things about the Michelin M12 (I think those are the ones for my type of riding). I currently have a Bridgestone M78, and got 4-5 good rides out of it at the forest. I was curious if any one had any comments on this tire or other ones they had good luck with. I've never heard anything on the Dunlop 739 though. I got a good deal on a 756, but it only lasted 2 rides at the forest:eek: For my type of riding (strictly woods, ledge rock, mud, alot of hard nasty stuff) would I want a intermediate tire, or a hard terrain tire? I know some of you guys with more experience in this can help me out.

mike_h

Nov 9, 2000
I have a S12 and really like its performance. It has lasted me longer than I've had the bike (I bought the bike used about a year ago) and the people on this board say that this tire wears rather well.

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
The 739 stinks for woods riding (and just about everything else in my opinion). The Michelin S12 rear and M12 front work well for me. The Dunlop 752 and 756 also work well, although I like the Michelins better, and I think they wear better as well.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I LOVE the 739 for hard pack clay. I don't know about rocks, though, since we don't have any here.

The S12 is a great mud/sand tire...even better than the 755. It will get torn up by cement like clay (and probably rocks, as well).

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I used the 752 for years and since I tried the S12 in the rear, I’ll never go back. It really holds up well and does pretty good in the rocks as well as mud. It hasn’t chunked at all yet and I know the 752 would have by now. It’s a bit shaky on real hard pack but I don’t see that too often anyway. I have a 756 in the front but I want to try the M12 since I’ve had such luck with the S12.

YoTRacer158

Jan 10, 2001
since you ride in such a wide variety of conditions, i would suggest the dunlop K695. it is similar in tread pattern to the 739...but is a harder compund so it will last longer. i had one on my bike and it worked great

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom