250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
Oh no, I can't believe what I did.

A while back I was riding my bike up the road to get to the trails.It was a very cold day, about 2 degrees above freezing, and my hands were basicially frozen in a curled position around the grips, not moving. Then, out of the corner of my eye I see my two little neighbour girls( about 5 and 6 years of age) waving at me from a bank right above the road. Being the friendly neighbour that I am I happily raised my hand to wave back, as I tried to uncurl my brittle fingers, only one of them obeyed me, the middle one. The look on the little girl's faces fell as I drove by, waving my middle finger in the air. It was like it happened in slow motion, because as I thought things couldn't get worse, their dad walked over to see what was going on. Judging by the look on his face, he was unimpressed. I immediatley turned around and drove straight into their yard to apologize and attemp to explain. But I still feel terrible. I can't believe that happened. :bang:

I think I need some better gloves......

thorman75

"Team Army"
Dec 9, 1999
How/ why would a six year old possibly know what that means, unless someone took the time to explain it to them and why would anybody do that?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
250girl said:
Oh no, I can't believe what I did.

A while back I was riding my bike up the road to get to the trails.It was a very cold day, about 2 degrees above freezing, and my hands were basicially frozen in a curled position around the grips, not moving. Then, out of the corner of my eye I see my two little neighbour girls( about 5 and 6 years of age) waving at me from a bank right above the road. Being the friendly neighbour that I am I happily raised my hand to wave back, as I tried to uncurl my brittle fingers, only one of them obeyed me, the middle one. The look on the little girl's faces fell as I drove by, waving my middle finger in the air. It was like it happened in slow motion, because as I thought things couldn't get worse, their dad walked over to see what was going on. Judging by the look on his face, he was unimpressed. I immediatley turned around and drove straight into their yard to apologize and attemp to explain. But I still feel terrible. I can't believe that happened. :bang:

I think I need some better gloves......

You are not right.

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
IndyMX said:
You are not right.

What the heck is that supposed to mean???????

And I am not sure how they know what that gesture means, they might be a little older than 5 and 6, hard to tell.But if they go to school, they will pick it up pretty quick. And if they spend a lot of time hanging around teenagers, they could have learned it from them.

atkkid250

Uhhh...
Mar 18, 2008
lol

haha, thats funny because actually the other day i was riding a pedal bike, and the same thing happened but it was because i was holding a bag of chips in my hand. and i went to waive at this guy in a beefed out truck, and only my middle finger came up. and the guy stomped on the brakes and scared the crap out of me. didn't say anything but i thought he was gonna beat the crap out of me as well.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
They will do something in the future to aggrivate you so just consider yourself one up.

atkkid250

Uhhh...
Mar 18, 2008
haha

lol, good point there, I'll keep that in mind. should i start flipping everyone the bird then?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
It happened for a reason. Do you flip people off in general? You do know that is the best signal you can give a guy? Well, I enjoy it anyways! Next winter wear latex gloves inside your mx gloves.

atkkid250

Uhhh...
Mar 18, 2008
??

do the latex gloves help? thats a good idea now that u mention it, whenever i have to wear them things my hands get all hot. another layer of insulation, they are water and wind proof as well. Not to metion cheap. IM liking this idea thanks. haha, and i find that instead of giving an allready pissed off person up here the finger, giving an allready pissed off mainer the peace sign ticks them off even more haha. :rotfl:

atkkid250

Uhhh...
Mar 18, 2008
nifty

nifty, anyother cold weather riding tips? and douglas adams is great.
Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast.
lol, a great one, found some even have just a quarter for breakfast and none for dinner lol

thorman75

"Team Army"
Dec 9, 1999
The only thing a 5-6 yo kid would understand about that hand gesture is that it's bad and they shouldn't do it. If you would like more info on the childs mind just ask. I have links for Jean Piaget and Lawrence Kohlberg if needed.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
thorman75 said:
The only thing a 5-6 yo kid would understand about that hand gesture is that it's bad and they shouldn't do it. If you would like more info on the childs mind just ask. I have links for Jean Piaget and Lawrence Kohlberg if needed.
PFFFTTT we can just ask Ivan and we get a pretty good insight into a child's mind ;)

TJSCOTT1977xr75

Mod Ban
Oct 4, 2007
pshhh, please... i knew what that meant and used it when i was 6 lol! if it had been me when i was little, i would of done it back lol!

atkkid250

Uhhh...
Mar 18, 2008
o?

oh? is that so? haha. and how can you make a generalized statement about me like that hmm? you don't know me, I don't know you and I don't think i've ever even had a discussion with you. lol. I hate it when people do that. ANd what was that supposed to mean anyway? there is one two word phrase that that means, and how you interpret it is left to onesself. :bang:

TJSCOTT1977xr75

Mod Ban
Oct 4, 2007
oh, i know what it means... besides, im 13, i turn 14 on the 21st lol!

atkkid250

Uhhh...
Mar 18, 2008
still

still, either you were a sheltered kid as a child or times were different back then because I'm pretty sure we all learned what that meant around the age of 10. lol lets not kid ourselves here, the innocentness of youth is gone. haha, kids are doing some pretty disturbing stuff, and i dont think that seeing a bird flip on tv has anything to do with it. But i suppose it does show that perhaps on tv in front of millionS of people was not a good time to do it.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom