I hate freestyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mini Me

Jan 17, 2002
I hate freestyle. Everything about it pisses me off. Where do I start??

I hate the image. The guys with heaps of tats, riding in singlets. And Deegan and the like 'entertaining people' by smashing perfectly good bikes (eg Crusty World Tour).

I hate their antics and their attitude. At the Crusty tour in Melbourne they didn't want to ride with the Aussie guys cos they were too stuck up (they probably didn't want to get shown up by Daine Kinnaird.)

I hate the repetition. Every bloke is pulling exactly the same tricks as the next bloke. I only need to watch one event for the year and i've seen all the new tricks (there aren't very many).

I hate the courses. Everywhere they are the same - no variation whatsoever.

I hate all the spinoffs. Winter Xgames freestyle comp!! Are you kidding me!! They are still riding bikes on the same jumps, except the jumps are covered in snow - who cares!! The Step up contest. BORING!!

I hate the way the mags are converting their attention to freestyle. Interviews, pics, articles, advertising.

I hate the new dirtbike videos that have mostly freestyle footage. Maybe I'll watch them instead of counting sheep at night!!

It won't be long before the 'wow factor' disappears and freestyle falls short on that big double and cases out. The organisers need to find a new direction with the sport. I personally like BMX much more. With their variations including flatland, vert, street and dirt, as well as their ever increasing repetoir of tricks, it is heading in the right direction

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Simple, yah don't like it, don't watch it :silly:
I hate professional lawn bowling, you don't hear me whining about it ;)

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
I believe everything in your rant there has been mentioned before (at least once). I hate lots of things, but complaining about them will not help. Freestyle will not die out because you want it to. So quit complaining.

Last edited:

KXrider12

Sponsoring Member
Jan 2, 2002
stay away if you dont like free style mini me, if you dont like dont watch and they probaly dont like you a hole lot either :moon: :aj: :)

Mini Me

Jan 17, 2002
Maybe there was something I forgot to mention.

I grew up watching video's like crusty I, II and III as well as Terrafirma. I loved the riding, the jumps and the innovation. I liked Freestyle up untill a year or so ago.

But now the direction of freestyle is changing and its not as good. And it does bother me - eg, unlike professional lawn bowls. The Dirtbike rags that i used to read are now full of trash - not just freestyle i suppose, the videos are becoming more trashy, and i can't watch MotoX and SuperX on TV because its not cool anymore. They want to show Freestyle and they get wanker commentators to talk rubbish and they don't even know what the rider is doing.

Freestyle could be good, but i think the promoters are ruining it.

Did anyone go to the Crusty World Tour?? That was the worst $40 I ever spent!!

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
I'm with everyone else. This is the flame board, but I am tired of people whining and complaining about something that they don't have to participate in.

I give somebody credit for flaming about their wives using their stapeler as a hammer, It wasn't his choice to let her do it. I listen when people talk about bad drivers. It's not their fault they got cut off. I understand when somebody flames a robber.

But when somebody whines and moans like a little school girl that couldn't get tickets to the backstreet boys concert because they watched a freestyle contest, didn't like it and decided to flame about it, that is just friggn annoying! :debil:

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Well I just got word from the bird that tommorow FMX will change forever. Metz and the boys will be running grind pegs on their bikes and start to grind rails. :aj:

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
Metz and the boys will be running grind pegs on their bikes and start to grind rails.

And if that wasn't enough, maybe that little trick called a backflip will entertain you. Since Metz is now doing them over 48' gaps.

powercart

Mar 29, 2002
I like free-style, i think thos guys have got hella guts, and if i had enoughf sponsors to trash my bike ever ride, i prolly would :D

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
Gee Mini Me.....guess you chose the wrong forum to grind your axe........... I thought the Flame Board was the place..... but maybe you should try Thumper Forum...........shame on you for thinking you could just go out and rant and rave in the Lame Board about the topic of your choice......

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
2smoke, I didn't mind it when people flamed about it the first 9,752 times. Now I want to flame people that flame freestyle.

KXrider12

Sponsoring Member
Jan 2, 2002
2smoke, this is the forum to rant and rave on but once some one whinnes bout somen that they dont even have to watch or have any thing to do with makes it anyones time to flame them. :p I mean what this person sits at home and WATCHES it on tv and then whines bout it, i said it earlyer, dont like dont promote by watching! :D

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
This is the forum to rant and rave.....yes...and there's the rub......true its going over old ground but why piss on him.......thats all.

YZDezertGuy

Apr 18, 2001
I agree... Freestyle isn't the greatest but it's riding! It does put a negative aspect on our sport in certain ways, yet it brings in new riders which we should be thankful for.

About the movies, I like the old movies where they just went huge on natural jumps. I don't get a kick out of all the FMX comps covered on TV being put onto tape.

I'll admit though, I'll watch FMX if it's there. Tomorrow night for instance... I'm driving an hour and a half just for an FMX event... it's ridin to I don't complain! Just enjoy the scenery of bikes and babes :-D

KXrider12

Sponsoring Member
Jan 2, 2002
2smoke, i wasnt pissing on anyone until you started up, i was just saying that there is no need to whine bout something and list everything you dont like bout something when u have nuttin to do with the fmx and if you dont like and hate it as much as this guy claims he does then why watch it and promote it and let it piss you off so you have to come on here and whinne bout something like this.

bud

Jun 29, 1999
The rise in popularity of sty is just another example of the marketing dept finally getting a grip on just how vain and shallow the average viewer is...But I agree too. Live and let live. Just close your eyes and accept the decline of western civilization. It's inevitable after all.... Long live communism....ooops :).

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Good flame, mini me.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by 2smoke
Gee Mini Me.....guess you chose the wrong forum to grind your axe........... I thought the Flame Board was the place..... but maybe you should try Thumper Forum...........shame on you for thinking you could just go out and rant and rave in the Lame Board about the topic of your choice......

Keep in mind that just as it is someones right to flame something here it is also another persons right to flame your flame. That is the nature of it all.

Ivan

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Ivan beat me to it! Dang you ivan!

This is the flame board, that's what makes it up. If everyone just agreed and patted the poster on the back it would be a support group not a flame board :confused: Like the warning says, "It gets hot in here"

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by CanadianRidr
If everyone just agreed and patted the poster on the back it would be a support group not a flame

Canadian, I agree!

I used to think the Flame Board was where you posted a big whine and everyone would come to your rescue and give you support and well wishes. Not really the case at all.

Mini Me, you can hang out in the Women's Forum with us if you want. We flame "delicately and politely" if we flame at all, but mostly we do a lot of group hugs. :D

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I don't like freestyle either. Waste of talent, unnecessary risk, WWF on bikes.

Flame on.

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
You been nappin in the back of the whaaaambulence pred? :p

PS. Different strokes for different strokes, some thing an unnecessary risk is ripping down a whooped out section in 5th tapped at a national :D

KTMKyd

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 20, 2001
Yeah, I definetly agree with them destroying bikes, that's really the only part that chaps me, but I really don't like the attitude of most of the riders, wether induced by promoters or if that's how they actually are.
I have respect for the freestyle guys who can stand up for the right things when they're constantly being beaten by the fakers and the haters. Anyway, I agree, don't whine about it if you're not forced to watch it. One reason the tricks dont expand very often, is because it takes alot of time and skill to learn and do most of them well, and by that time you're too old to ride :p When I see someone do a 360 on a dirtbike I'll be happy :)

Einstein

May 27, 2002
I'm not a big fan of freestyle on TV and don't watch it much (mostly because I don't have cable :whiner: ) But I love to go out to the track and bust out some FMX tricks. I agree the commentators are horrible and it's a lot of the same stuff but at least it's on TV. A few years ago the average person didn't even know what motocross was. To me there seems to be a paradox here...moto is becoming ever increasingly popular in great part to TV but it's evil promotional shadow lurks. None the less FMX is here, and probably here to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom