I have a few 2000 Yz 125 questions.

Kyleb15

Oct 8, 2004
I have a few questions regarding my 2000 Yz 125.

1.What is the nozzle that comes out of the top of the case, below the carberator? It leaks fluid sometimes.

2. What would cause the exhaust valve cover to leak black oil? A bad gasket. It comes out of the top of the cover.

3. I was riding the other day and it was running real good. Then after about 3 hrs. of riding, it started not hitting the topend and not getting into high rpms. It was rela flat on the top. So i get of the bike check it out only to find the spark plug out about 2 turns. So i screw it back in and try her out. Still the samw. So i put another in, but this one is not new it was used but i cleaned it up. Still it rann the same. I will try a new plug but could anything else be wrong?

4. Is there another oil for teh transmission, like a car oil. i use Belray 75w. I would like other options so i can go by a local car shop like autozone insted of the dealer.

5.Do you guys set your float bowl level? Is it reallya necesstiy.

6. Where can i ordder jets at? I have serched and i found carbparts.com and and another website. But i cant find the jets for my carb.

7. Besides the dealer wherecan i get parts such as the plastic brakets that hold the brake line on teh swing arm?

Thanks, sorry for all the questions.

Kyleb15

Oct 8, 2004
Did a top end about 8hrs ago.
Well I eliminated the thought that my reeds were chipped or broken. I also cleaned out my carb, so that should be fine. I cleaned my airfilter, which also might have caused the non-top end. Does anybody else know the answers to some of my questions? Any help would be appreciated.

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
1 transmission vent line

2 bad gasket or plugged power valve vent hose, left side of engine front top.

3 check power valve operation, pull right side cover(on cylinder) and check linkage.

4 Mobil 1 15w50w will make the bike shift better and most auto parts stores carry it.

5 its not a necessity

6 any Yamaha dealer, the 2000 YZ 125 comes jetted pretty much spot on, so be careful here.

7 dealer only, no aftermarket parts available for that

Kyleb15

Oct 8, 2004
Awesome thanks for the responses guys. You say it is a tranmission vent line but why does fluid come out sometimes? Should I be worried? The exhaust valve of power valve was my next choice. I am going to pull of the cylinder tommorow and clean the valves. Thanks

Kyleb15

Oct 8, 2004
Well i pulled off the cylinder today. i found that my pushrod was snapped right in the middle. So i am gonna have to get a new one of those. Also I cleaned out my exhaust valves. How much oil should there usually be in the valve compartment? There was a bunch of black oil in mine. Also if a piston says STD on the top. DOes that mean that it is standard? I was told the bike had a 136 big bore on it. Thanks

Kyleb15

Oct 8, 2004
Well i have gathered this info. and have a few questions. The bike top end was rebuilt when I got it. When i took the head of and moved the piston, I noticed that the piston actually extended about a millimeter above the cylinder and the head was shaved to compensate. What would cause someone to have to do this? I am kind of pissed of that this person told me that it was a 136. Expesially since he is a motorcycle repair shop owner. Does any body know how much of a difference the 136 would have brought? Would it be much of a notice. Also in my manual it shows the exhaust valve cover to have a overflow or drain, but my doesn't? Where the 2000's diff? Thanks

Kyleb15

Oct 8, 2004
I just had a look in my Clymer manual. My bikes exhaust valves and compartment shows characterristics of a 1994-95 and a 96-on. And the yamaha site is different too.

Top Bottom