250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
I was just wondering,are 30'' handlebars normal for a 250?I measured my bars from end of grip to end of grip and got 30''.And they seem quite short,making standing up quite difficult(although it is hard to tell because my huge gas tank sticks up quite a ways compared to other bikes),and, to top it all off,they seem quite bent back towards the rider.This whole set up just feels wrong on my big chunky WR.So,is this stock,or has the previous owner of my bike chopped the handlebars? All of the mx bikes I have ridden have much taller and wider bars,so getting back on the wr with its short bars just feels like trying to steer a tank with a chopstick.

I do a lot of hard woods riding,and I am a small rider.I would like some handlebars suited to me,and fairly sturdy,not easily bent.So what kind should I get,and what is the story with 30'' bars??Should I keep my 30'' bars,are they better or something?(they just feel wrong to me)

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
There are many different bends in bars and you need to find what is comfortable for you.
For awhile my son was putting mini bike bars on his 250Fs because they felt good but last season he changed to the highest bars he could find. I think he is now using the pro taper Windham or Henry bars

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
When I started out at 13 years old my dad said to do some push ups so I dropped and did a few. He measured the distance to the outside of each palm and cut my bars to that width.

Over the years it has worked well for me. At my current setting I run 31.5 wide. That's a comfortable width for me and allows my chest to work in a natural strength position.

Bottom line, do what feels good to you. :ride:

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
I have heard the push up technique myself. If you do it, then do enough push-ups that you find yourself adjusting your position. Another method that I have heard about is to close your eyes and put your hands where you think the bars should be, although this one is a bit harder, it gives you an idea of height and bend.

Top Bottom