I want my Dirt Week!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Patman said:
Here's a suggestion to help ya' along. If you are serious and if you have secured some local help ask Okie to open a Spodefest / DW forum to help with planning. Those of us that have done it will be glad to help point you in the right direction to save on the learning curve.
I was going to mention that about this thread being in the flame forum???? But way cool Truespode, longer arms indeed! Looks like it was a brand new front number plate?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
OMG dinner at Gomers that was a great evening and one I'll never forget! Good times for sure!! Wiring the grips was classic Gomer.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Papakeith said:
PA? really? I'm there! DW was really a 4 day event anyway if memory serves. People showed up early, but the events didn't really get going until weds or so did they?

yes. Sort of. The first year I attended, I think Jake and I showed up Wednesday. After that, it was always Sunday or Monday if I remember correctly. It's a long ways to travel for an "extended weekend". Even though there were no official events the first couple days, it was still a lot of fun and nice to have that much more opportunity to ride, in case the conditions weren't so good the later part of the week.

I think it took a couple days just for my body to get used to riding that much, and sleeping in a tent on the ground after a night of adult bevs around the campfire. :ride: :)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Patman said:
Here's a suggestion to help ya' along. If you are serious and if you have secured some local help ask Okie to open a Spodefest / DW forum to help with planning. Those of us that have done it will be glad to help point you in the right direction to save on the learning curve.
Doing the logistical stuff is as important as the planning. It really doesn't take that much planning, just the doing. When I put together the "Spodewash", I just "southern engineered-it" together. I saw some improvements in subsequent years and was most definitely popular at the end of each day.
Select a time, a aplace, and a cost necessary to cover as much of the expenses as possible. If your planning racing, check with the track owner about insurance. If it is going to be fun riding only, the track owner's insurance will possibly cover it. Hollar at some of the local dealerships and hotels to see if they would consider sponsoring or throwing some deals your way. If they have concerns or questions, get a hold of me and I'll let them know the types of responses we got here in Oklahoma.
My work at the moment is hectic to say the least and I even had to turn down riding this weekend with the Heartland Spodes with good weather!!!!!!!!!! Be mindful that the snowball rolling down hill will get bigger.
On a side note, I traveled to DW01 in Casey, IL. Best road trip ever! The trip to PA would be a first for me and I will do everything I can to make it.
Brian

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Be sure to have a release available for everybody to sign to help keep you from being at fault when they do something stupid.

Make sure everyone understands the rules and make sure those helping you are willing to help people comply. SLOW in the pits and ALWAYS a helmet when on a moving bike would be a couple of big ones.

Open fires can be a good time but might also lead to embers floating over and putting burn marks on vehicles or holes in tents and popups (ask me how I know).

Generators off by a specific time would be another item to address. (another thing I know about).

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
I do beleave that Steff and I will be there with 3 bikes and maybe a quad.

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
BTW: PM me if you need some help, I don't know what all I can offer, but I will do my best with what ever you give me.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
FWI

The Valentines/Reno rides started out as a ladies ride and quickly became coed. Attendance was always very decent for an "informal" get together. Awesome nightlife as well.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
hmmm spodefest .... Casey Il, when was that ..... 2000 ... I'm old !

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
BunduBasher said:
Bundu! Hope all is well, good to see you.
And yes, Casey was a LONG time ago!

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Dirt Week Geritol style .....
A class = CanAm trikes w/mudders
B class = CRF 150's w/training wheels
C class = chain saw motor assisted walkers :yikes:

I'm ready!!
I actually made my return to dirt yesterday, first time since '05. I had a great time, without any incidents or get off's. Then i get home take a shower and promptly stubb my foot on a chair leg. Viola' i broke my friggin little toe!!!
Now I have a "flappin" toe! :rotfl:

It would be great to get together with everyone again and show the wife and kids what fun it is.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Okiewan said:
Bundu! Hope all is well, good to see you.
And yes, Casey was a LONG time ago!

Its amazing, my lil boy is now nearly 16, and my girl is nearly 10 - now she wants to ride !!!

Okie, been living in Wichita Kansas these past five years, been to busy (and broke!) to ride, have no bikes left in the garage :think:

Good to see some familiar names still here ! :ride:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Considering we had folks from both coasts make the drive to Cooperland I think it would be worth the drive from pretty much antplace in the upper midwest, even Hawaii.

Dec 13, 2009
Patman said:
Considering we had folks from both coasts make the drive to Cooperland I think it would be worth the drive from pretty much antplace in the upper midwest, even Hawaii.
but Hawaii isn't in the upper midwest.....!?!.....point taken, i'll buy a few 12 packs of MTn. Dew, plenty potato chips, gum, and cd player and away we go!!!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
extrememxaddiction said:
and cd player and away we go!!!
You will be required to only bring 1 CD by Creed!:)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Had an attack of the stupids a while back on another subject. God t all bent out of shape, then all puffed up, said to ban him so when he crossed the line a couple time it was made so. As bad as we all want it that was not the person that was going to pull it off anyway.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Thanks Pat. I can not honestly say I am not surprised. Sure glad I found out before I hauled! Who is stepping up, any takers? How big is Gary's property? Vintage Bob

rayovac

Aug 28, 2000
BunduBasher said:

2000! I was there! (Lincoln Trail Motorsports, Casey, IL) Remember the guy that stuffed his KTM in his Dodge Neon's front/back seat and came from like Iowa or something?

I was with a group of guys from Northern Indiana in the long black trailer with 5 CR250s loaded up in it.

I stopped riding in 02 after one of our good riding buddies passed away from cancer. Just recently picked up an 03 CRF 450 and am slowly getting back into the sport.

I would LOVE to attend another Spodfest!!!

Rayo

P9170227.jpg

P9170226.jpg

P9170225.jpg

Last edited:

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
BunduBasher said:
Its amazing, my lil boy is now nearly 16, and my girl is nearly 10 - now she wants to ride !!!

Okie, been living in Wichita Kansas these past five years, been to busy (and broke!) to ride, have no bikes left in the garage :think:

Good to see some familiar names still here ! :ride:

Are you still in Wichita?
I would think the Jeeps Cycle Club would be perfect for a DirtWeek... Several tracks, clubhouse, near hotels if necessary...

www.jeepscycleclub.com

Top Bottom