BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I talked to MX547 and he has been out of power since 9:00 PM Friday nite. He was heading to some place that had power but I'm not sure where that is. 70% of his town is without power.
There is about two inches of sleet on the ground here and it is still coming down. Good ol' fashion ice storm! I'd rather have the snow!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
It's been raining here for 24 hours .... just now starting to hang on the trees a little.
Good luck up there! Ice sucks.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
South and east of Tulsa is getting hammered. Some areas are projected to be without power for several days and this storm is expected to last until 6 PM Sunday. Driving is insane. Looks like I get to do more paperwork over the next few days.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
We've got about 2" of sleet accumulated but its not too bad to drive in.........yet. Supposed to get more this evening and tomorrow along with some snow. Supposed to be down right frigid for the next week so it will be here a while.I'm eyeballing the pallet of 80lb bags of mortar across the street at the house being built. Might have to reappropriate a few for couple days to weight down the back of the pickup.

Get that dozer out Swift and clear out that road for your neighbors. You couldn't possibly do any worse than your neighbor with the road grader!!!!!!!!!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
evenslower said:
Get that dozer out Swift and clear out that road for your neighbors. You couldn't possibly do any worse than your neighbor with the road grader!!!!!!!!!
You got that right!:laugh:
How's the weather near Bentonville, Sawblade?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Any power outages up your way, Lou?

B

biglou

Nah, we've just got some sleet like John. About 2", so nothing hanging on the lines or the trees, thankfully. Supposed to get 2-4" of snow between now and tomorrow night, then clearing off and seriously cold (for here, that is).

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I just heard that there were 40,000 customers without power. MX547 is just one of them.

dales298

Mostly Useless
~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
The better half is on her way to Wheeler Tx. and I'm betting she don't make it for a tomorrow delivery.

Dale

Last edited:

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
So far we have been pretty lucky in Stillwater. It has been mostly sleet. The roads are slick but the trees are up and the power is on.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
biglou said:
So what do you think if MO so far, John? Pretty F'd up, ain't it?! lol!

Pretty foreign to us for sure. Euge says she doesn't know what to do with all of this ice. The only ice she's usually worried about is in her drink!!!!!

As long as the power stays on for the duration of the Saints game we're good.

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
We've got over an inch of ice here and still raining. No sleet, all freezing rain. The power went out last night about nine and was out until about 5p.m today. Were on a shared well for water so its been out too, but even with the power on now, the water is still out. :bang: All the water is sold out at the local stores and I'm beginning to smell :whoa: Think I'll have another beer. :nod:

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
Friday Dec 29th, we were hit up here in Kansas with sleet and snow. We lost our power about 2 am on Saturday. There was up to 5 inches of ice on the power lines with 5 inches of snow on top of that. We didn't get power back at our house until Friday Jan 8th. There are still around 3,000 people in our area without power. Our electric coop brought in 300 extra linemen to replace 3,330 poles that had gone down. I'll send a few your way!

Good luck,
SusanE

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The storm is intensifying. They are pre-empting ths SX to talk about the weather. Maybe DWreck will have it on his TiVo.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i'm back home now and have power. some here are still without it. we got hit hard and it's still coming. i've never in my life seen so many trees down. i can sit here and about every ten minutes hear another tree go down. it cracks like thunder, then you hear the crash as it hits the ground and breaks up, it's spooky. so far i've lost some patio furniture and lights, and a fence to fallen trees. the house hasn't got hit yet but i have a huge tree right over the kitchen. i hope home-owners insurance covers ice storms.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Okie, there saying this may be the worst ice storm in OK history.

B

biglou

Remember the one we had 3-4 years ago? My work was out of power for 9 days. It was a mess all the way from OK through MO.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Well, I'm guessing this isn't good. There's a sheet of ice, I guess a good 1/2" thick over everything, more in spots, less in others. And its raining. And its 31deg. And it should turn to snow later.

Emily and I went for a walk this afternoon down to the end of the neighborhood and it probably would have been easier with ice skates on. Getting to work in the morning should be interesting.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
the power went back off here about 3:00 this afternoon. they said they didn't know when they would get it back on. my back yard looks like a battlefield. trees down everywhere. all the shelters here are full.

i'm posting from my brother's house right now. we've already closed our office for tomorrow. all the stores are closed, all the gas stations are sold out. i'm bored stiff. i guess i'll get caught up on some sleeping.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Y'all keep your heads down.

For some reason we have got lucky here, but I think that is ending tonight. It hung just west and north of us all day, but the last time I checked, it was into West Fort Worth.

At least I don't HAVE to get out tomorrow, unless I want to ... and I don't want to.

Even if I lose power, it is not the end of the world. I still have Dearborn heaters ...

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Sorry to hear that, Jay. I just talked to a buddy in Eufaula and it is just as bad there. He said he won't be able to get out until Tuesday, maybe Wednesday. Call if there is anything I can do.

Top Bottom