mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i'm posting from my brother's again. they are now saying the power won't be back on until friday at best.

i'm using the burners on my stove for heat. my gas bill will be about $500 next month.

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
Our power went back off Sunday Morning right after Stewarts heat race :think: . Its still off(Tuesday) but I finally found us a room in Monett. Ahhh a hot shower and a warm room(and working toilet :laugh: ). Cable is out but I'm not complainin. We'll be here for at least 3 days and hoping the power is on by Friday, but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't. We've been huddled in our bedroom where the fireplace is until now. Had to drive into Springfield to find any water for sale Sunday. Gas is scarce and lines are long. That stray dog wondering thru the motel parking lot is starting to look tasty. :yikes:

COLEMANAPP

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
I had a tree uproot itself and fall across my 2 trucks and a car saturday morning. I sent my bro-in-law out to our farm with 1 truck of cut up wood and damn if another tree didn't fall across it again. Anybody want a 94 Chevy 4x4 cheap?

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
We missed most of the ice here in Bentonville, however just 3 miles west of town and north into MO got hit hard. One of the architects that supports me has been without power since Saturday. The local news makes the western part of the county out to be a war zone.

Lou, that ice store 3 or 4 years ago was bad here also. At least in KC they know what road salt is. Here in NWA they throw down sand and chat. :coocoo:

Okie, I remember that ice store in 87. At the time, I was living in SE Kansas. Only time I went sledding and it ended up being ice skating down the slop of the by-pass.

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
Gloom, Dispair and Agony on me...... So I leave the motel to go pick my wife up and go by the house to get more supplies. Get back to the motel only to find....................the power is out. :yell: The room is still warm so we take a nap, go out and get some hot food at a local restaraunt, then goto walmart to get some batteries. Walmart had been out of power but was just opening as we arrive. We grab some batteries, a couple of sweatshirts and head for the register when BAM.............power goes out. I swear, I think its following me. :think: So we have to leave our unbought items at Walmart and head back to the motel. As we pass back in front of Walmart going down the highway, we can see the lights back on inside the store. :coocoo: Good news is the power is now back on at the motel. Hopefully it will stay on tonight, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Attachments

• DCP_3211b.JPG
    DCP_3211b.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 52
  • DCP_3217b.jpg
    DCP_3217b.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 51
  • DCP_3215c.jpg
    DCP_3215c.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 51

williamson425

Nov 8, 2005
Ive got family in Krebs (by mcalester) that havent had power since friday and still dont ! There staying in there house using the burners on the stove. Thats hardcore. They refuse to go to the shelter in town.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i'm posting from my brother's again. i'm still without power. much of the town has power now except me. i don't have any influential people living on my street. we don't have power at work either so i'm going on my third straight day off-missed payday too.

i'm tired of being cold and just watching dvd's all day. i would actually rather be at work (never thought i'd say that).

B

biglou

That picture of the basketball goal looks just like one I took a few years back in my driveway. The trees and antenna, too. You could still see broken trees for years after that all along the drive from KC to Tulsa. It was bad. This one looks to be just as bad or worse. Luckily I was only without power at the house for a few hours, but work was out for 9 days. Seemed like our block was the last in KC to get turned back on.

Jay-You could come up here. It's a balmy 11 degrees right now. We should get above freezing tomorrow, they say. Seriously, if you want to get away, let me know.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
wednesday night, still no power. we have power at work now so i have to go in tomorrow.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Best of luck to you Jay... that sucks. Were you at LEAST able to save the fridge/freezer contents?

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
power is back on!!! woohoo!

yeah, i saved all the food with my generator. had i known that i would be out of power for five days, i would've let the fridge go. i spent alot more on gas than i had in food.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
mx547 said:
power is back on!!! woohoo!

yeah, i saved all the food with my generator. had i known that i would be out of power for five days, i would've let the fridge go. i spent alot more on gas than i had in food.

Its cold enough here we could just put it all outside and not have a problem.

Its snowing its arse off at the moment. Glad to here you got the juice back on Jay.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
That's good news, Jay.

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
The power is back on at our house, for now. We still have no water and I don't believe we will for a couple weeks. The ice has not melted at all that I can tell as we have not been above freezing. Now they are saying 2-5 inches of snow this weekend. :yikes:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
4-9 inches of snow is expected here this weekend. The ice is getting slushy but the neighborhood streets and business parking lots are murder.

B

biglou

It's amazing how warm 38 felt here today. My driveway faces north and gets no sun in the winter, so I still have 2-5" of solid white ice on it and my steps to my porch are like a 45degree ski ramp. I just managed to chop out about one foot across the drive up next to the garage, and that was it. It looks like dry ice. White, but hard like granite. I figured it would chunk up and break away fairly easily. I was wrong! And yes, snow here this weekend also. yay...

Top Bottom