Idiots in a storm

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
From MSNBC:

Resident Chris Robinson said via cellphone from his home east of downtown that “I’m not doing too good right now.”

“The water’s rising pretty fast,” he added. “I got a hammer and an ax and a crowbar, but I’m holding off on breaking through the roof until the last minute. Tell someone to come get me please. I want to live.”

The way I see it this moron had PLENTY of time to save himself. Let Darwin take over from here and keep those that might have to try and save his sorry butt be safe. Mr Chris Robinson, you are without a doubt a complete MORON perhaps you will become in reality what you certianly are in my eyes, a floating turd. :|

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Keep in mind, there are a lot of folks that had no way to leave... but even so, he could have gone to the dome?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Seems to me there should have been several options.
-Walk to the nearest shelter BEFORE it too late?
-Get a ride with a neighbor?
-Call a cab?
-Catch a bus?
Tese ideas seemed to have worked for all the folks that made it to local shelters.

The dude has a cell phone so I'll take a guess he was able to hear or see a forecast before he ended up in his house ready to punch a hole in the roof.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Don't be such a hater.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Green Horn said:
Don't be such a hater.
You should know I don't hate all idiots ( ;) ), I just don't care for the one's that feel they must cause others to enter danger for their ignorance.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I agree. I hate seeing people who are idiots and just wait then are surprised when things are bad.

I feel sorry for the animals. Too many loving pets will be sacrificed because of people's stupidity, ignorance and arrogance.

Ivan

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Okay, now I'm torn. I don't know whether to screw with Pantyman some more or start in on Ivan's PETA post. :laugh: j/k

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Patman said:
From MSNBC:

Resident Chris Robinson said via cellphone from his home east of downtown that “I’m not doing too good right now.”

Mr Chris Robinson, you are without a doubt a complete MORON perhaps you will become in reality what you certianly are in my eyes, a floating turd. :|

Chris Robinson? You don't suppose...................

Not a Black Crowes fan, eh?

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Green Horn said:
Okay, now I'm torn. I don't know whether to screw with Pantyman some more or start in on Ivan's PETA post. :laugh: j/k

:)

It's not PETA... I just happen to like most animals more than I do the majority of people over the age of 15 :p

This past weekend I picked up a stray at the track. There were over 100 people there and nobody wanted to take him home or even to the shelter. They were completely content to leave him there where he would starve or have been hit by a car from the nearby roadway.

I took him to the humane society today and put an ad out in the paper in case someone lost him.

I want to keep him but we already have 2 dogs. I feel guilty about not keeping him but I did more than the rest of the people.

I have a friend whose wife says she used to drop off the dogs they had as kids in the rich neighborhoods whenever they moved. Now HOW LAZY can you be not to take your dog with you when you move? How STUPID can you be to just dump the dog in a rich neighborhood where most of those people won't do anything for the dog except shoo him away where he'd end up starving or being hit by a car!

I tell ya... cruelty to animals makes me want to be cruel to people :bang:

Ok... I'm off my soap box now.

Ivan

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
they showed some guy in a trailor park that was fighting with the authority's saying he wasnt leaving behind his stuff. Apparently he couldnt comprehend that the water was going to rise over his beloved trailor. Some people are just thick headed and think they can handle everything themselves and now they are stuck in a situation like having to possibly cut through their roof to escape the floods :bang:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
truespode said:
:)

I have a friend whose wife says she used to drop off the dogs they had as kids in the rich neighborhoods whenever they moved. Now HOW LAZY can you be not to take your dog with you when you move? How STUPID can you be to just dump the dog in a rich neighborhood where most of those people won't do anything for the dog except shoo him away where he'd end up starving or being hit by a car!

I agree that is just plain crazy. I'm not down with animal abandonment. Don't really know how many animals got abandoned in New Orleans, so I'm not going to worry too much until I hear otherwise.

Ok... I'm off my soap box now.

Ivan

Sure ya are, TETA (Truespode for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) :nener:

I LOVE YOU MAN! :)

1A

Jul 9, 2001
Give each person that won't go to the shelter four bands. Ask them to write their SSN on the bands and attach one securely to each extermity. With this done, IF by chance someone should find one of the extermities one day, at least we'll know who it belonged to.

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
Patman said:
From MSNBC:

[Mr Chris Robinson, you are without a doubt a complete MORON perhaps you will become in reality what you certianly are in my eyes, a floating turd.

Dude?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
XRpredator said:
I don't think there's any question how Patman feels about Mr. Robinson . . .
Just in case there is... I hope got got exactly what he deserved by not either evacuating the area or going to a local shelter. There was ZERO suprise factor here, it was known to be coming, it was known to be big and nasty. I was in Cancun when Emily came through, I was on my freakin' vacation but guess what, we went to the shelter and actually had a pretty interesting time. The evacuation orders are generally put in place so that people are not in danger and that includes the safety of the people that would have to go fish MORONS like that twit out of the toilet that they put themselves in. Perhaps that clarifies things?

dante

Mar 24, 2004
Patman said:
Just in case there is... I hope got got exactly what he deserved by not either evacuating the area or going to a local shelter. There was ZERO suprise factor here, it was known to be coming, it was known to be big and nasty. I was in Cancun when Emily came through, I was on my freakin' vacation but guess what, we went to the shelter and actually had a pretty interesting time. The evacuation orders are generally put in place so that people are not in danger and that includes the safety of the people that would have to go fish MORONS like that twit out of the toilet that they put themselves in. Perhaps that clarifies things?

you know what maybe people want to stay and protect everything they own from looters... Maybe at the time protecting their property is life or death... Many of those people don't have insurance... Perhaps not even cars... Many of these people are dirt poor... The people affected their are not going to cancun on vacation you know... You are the moron sir, why don't you just keep your mouth shut...

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
tony91 said:
Patman,

At best, those are ignorant, egocentric posts.

Yeah he knows that.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
dante said:
you know what maybe people want to stay and protect everything they own from looters... Maybe at the time protecting their property is life or death... Many of those people don't have insurance... Perhaps not even cars... Many of these people are dirt poor... The people affected their are not going to cancun on vacation you know... You are the moron sir, why don't you just keep your mouth shut...
So in my ignoranceI guess I failed to see how a person could protect their "things" from a flood and 140mph winds? I'll also assume since that appears to be the method of operation that you are using that these material things are much more valuable than their own lives? If that is indeed the case than why should they expect a rescue effort to be mounted in the worst part of the storm to come save them? They had a change of heart and now decided that everything they have can be replaced? They obtained insurance and that will make it all better? Lots of room for assumption here so you may as well run with it. My comment pertained to an individual that made a phone call via his cell phone durning the height of a storm that was known to be coming.

And believe it or not I can type with my mouth closed :moon: Perhaps you have a reflection in your monitor? :laugh:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
tony91 said:
Patman,

At best, those are ignorant, egocentric posts.
Please expound on these insightful facts. I made a post based upon a MSNBC report which of course may or may not be based on fact but is what was reported. I made another post based on my factual experience in a class 4 hurricane. Sure I didn't lose everything but then again I also made the choice to follow the evacuation order.

While it is very sad that so many people lost everything from "things" to family and friends the really sad part is that there are sooo many people here that can walk on water but yet they sit behind their monitor and keyboard. :think:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
not that I'm speaking for him, but I don't think Pat so much has a problem with Mr. Robinson wanting to "stay and protect his things" . . . Its the fact that Mr. Robinson ignored the evacuation order, then LATER wanted to put others in danger to save him.

If you are offered help and refuse it, you'd by GOD better not be asking someone to risk their neck to save yours later when the doodoo really hits the fan.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Wow, another voice of ignorance and erocentic ideals! SWEET! :cool:
(plain english version = 'Pred nailed it)

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Yeah but you're still a moron.

dante

Mar 24, 2004
Patman said:
So in my ignoranceI guess I failed to see how a person could protect their "things" from a flood and 140mph winds? I'll also assume since that appears to be the method of operation that you are using that these material things are much more valuable than their own lives? If that is indeed the case than why should they expect a rescue effort to be mounted in the worst part of the storm to come save them? They had a change of heart and now decided that everything they have can be replaced? They obtained insurance and that will make it all better? Lots of room for assumption here so you may as well run with it. My comment pertained to an individual that made a phone call via his cell phone durning the height of a storm that was known to be coming.

And believe it or not I can type with my mouth closed :moon: Perhaps you have a reflection in your monitor? :laugh:

your a kook

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
Thanks for considering my opinions facts.

I think your post is ignorant because you seem to be making a snap judgment regarding his situation. Are you familiar enough with his situation to characterize his potentially dead body as a “floating turd”?

You also assume Mr. Robinson is like you. That given the same situation he would react the same way as you.

And in your weak attempt to legitimize your ignorance, (comparing your experience to his) having to cut your vacation short is a whole lot different than having to leave your home to an unknown fate.

Patman said:
the really sad part is that there are sooo many people here that can walk on water but yet they sit behind their monitor and keyboard. :think:

I certainly can't walk on water. But, when I see or hear something as blatantly asinine as your post, regardless of whether I'm sitting behind a key board or hearing it live, I can't help but to comment.

Top Bottom