joshctr

Apr 16, 2009
I have been slowly getting this thing running right. I can't get it to idle tho. I have tried everything. The idle knob does nothing. Also the air/fule screw doesn't change the way it runs. It runs a little choppy , at half throttle it seems to be 100%. After it is warm you have to hold the throttle wide open to crank it but it will start first kick. Any help would be great. I am thinking it needs to be jetted. but whcih ones? Piolt and main? It is choppy full throttle too. New reeds new plug . cleaned filter, aftermarket pipe.

kawraper

Mar 4, 2009
Sounds like the pilot. My bidness partner has an 87 and it does idle funky. It is kinda like a pissed off weed whacker. It surges quite a bit. But from watching vids online they all surge. good luck!

BTW- if you can start a cr500 in 1 kick ur the man!

joshctr

Apr 16, 2009
kawraper said:
Sounds like the pilot. My bidness partner has an 87 and it does idle funky. It is kinda like a pissed off weed whacker. It surges quite a bit. But from watching vids online they all surge. good luck!

BTW- if you can start a cr500 in 1 kick ur the man!

Lol trust me the bottom of my foot says otherwise. But yesterday when i would let it cut off I could start it in one kick.

joshctr

Apr 16, 2009
Ok I broke my gas line and took the fill cap vent line and stuck it in for the gas line just to ride. It is soft and twisted up a bit. The bike still will not idle but is running 110%. So what jets do I need to change then? What is this saying? it is slowing the fuel down obvesly. but how do I fix the problem with a the right fuel line and filter?

kawraper

Mar 4, 2009
The size of the line shouldnt matter too much i dont think the bike is going to burn the fuel faster than the float bowl fills up. Have you cleaned out the carb yet? Id start there b4 any jet changing.

joshctr

Apr 16, 2009
kawraper said:
The size of the line shouldnt matter too much i dont think the bike is going to burn the fuel faster than the float bowl fills up. Have you cleaned out the carb yet? Id start there b4 any jet changing.

I have cleaned it very good. I don't think it is becasue the size of the line I think it is because it is pinched and not letting it get alot of fuel. I also adjusted the float when I took it apart.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom