andrewwr250

Feb 23, 2003
I have a 1993 Yamaha WR250Z and would like to install a YZ250 tank for hare scrambles. I've been told I need to get the YZ rad shrouds, tank and seat, and it should all bolt on. The seat is no longer available from Yamaha. Has anyone tried this? Any ideas on getting a seat that will work?

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
I can tell you that the tank, seat and radiator shrouds are indeed different. That and on the WR you would have to remove the spacers from the radiator mount grommets either buy cutting them down or getting YZ. It might be possible that the tank and seat from a different year might bolt on at the expense of plastic lining up but that is an idea I wouldn't spend a lot of money on to try and find out if I was wrong.

What I would probably do is either ebay or motorcycle salvage yards and try and find a YZ seat and hopefully an IMS or Clarke oversized tank for the YZ. Then just leave them on , then you can buy your shrouds aftermarket for the YZ instead of big buck stock WR ones. I dont believe <have not seen> aftermarket shrouds for the older WR's

mackay

Jan 7, 2002
I have the same thoughts on this however I did find rediator shrouds from UFO plastics that bolt on...the color might not be exact but it is close and I was able to get the pair for $40.00 Cdn ...thats about $28.00 US

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
some of the aftermarket gas tank companies offer oversized tanks that are actually slimmer than the stock WR. Check w/clarke and IMS and see what you can find.........would be alot less of a headace. Good luck

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Keep in mind a 93 YZ 250 tank will not fit a 93 WR 250.
You would need to use a 89-92 YZ 250 tank. Your stock shrouds will fit this.

In 93 the YZ got an entire new body kit, The WR did not get this until 94.

andrewwr250

Feb 23, 2003
More on YZ250 tank on 1993 WR250Z

Thanks for those answers. Farmer John, does that mean my stock WR seat will also work with 1992 YZ tank and all I need to get is the tank?

matt ruiz

Jan 10, 2002
I own a 95 WR250, and also going to a YZ seat and tank. I know that in doing so you need the seat to match the YZ tank. The seat is going to be longer and flatter alowing you to get further up on the tank. Wich is better for turning. I had a 93WR before my 95WR and the 93 tank is way wide compared to my 95,s tank. Good luck

Top Bottom