BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The weather is fantastic! :cool: Let's ride, camp, eat, you know, the usual! :laugh: Post up, PM me, or call me.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
I'll be doing a 25 mile 'bike' ride at OKC on Saturday AM. Fundraiser for Children's Memorial Hospital. Maybe Sunday to motorbike ride?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Sounds good and I'm still interested in Saturday as well.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I wiish :(

So can I still be a HS even though we are moving to Dallas?

Last edited:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
racing at ascot saturday nite. brian, if you don't get any better offers, we'll be there.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Jeff and I are hitting the 500 Saturday around 10:30-11. Come on over!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'll be at the 500 around 10 - 10:30. Ascot is only a maybe, depends on if I can get a travel partner. Sunday is a go as well if I'm not wadded up.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Okiewan said:
So can I still be a HS even though we are moving to Dallas?

Hmmm. When was the last time you went and rode with us? I guess Nocona during the Dallas Supercross weekend counts even though it was in Texas, and you do run a nice web site. I say we let him stay. :)

TreeTalker

May 8, 2004
BSwift, when and where Sunday??? I can meet up your way if it would save you time. I just have no clue where the 500 is and I am tired of riding Camp Gruber area.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
tree, you'll like the 500. it's an awesome place.

if you're bored saturday nite, come on out to ascot. ride the 30+ or just watch the races. it's only about 30 miles from you. dora exit off i-40, south two miles.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
craig_enid said:
How about a trail condition report, for the Sunday rider?

Just a little muddy today. Should be excellent tomorrow. Brian, Jeff and I all rode today and are planning on doing it again tomorrow. 10am

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The trails were good, a small bit of dust, the usual mud holes, and debris on the trail. I'll be there in the morning around 10:00.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Boy, did we!

I unloaded and made a circuit through the parking areas and didn't find anyone. Chatted with the Trailriders pres. and figured out that Brian, Lee, Butch and Lorin were out on the trail. Ran a short warm-up and got to their trucks about when they showed back up. It had been awhile since I had seen this group, so there was lots of bike inspections, and general BS being flung around as we re-connected.
Lorin was feeling exceptionally well, and was pushing for another loop when Jeff and Derek showed up. We put the rush on them to get geared up and go. Don shows up, so Jeff, Lorin, Butch, Lee and I head out to keep the group small. Jeff and Lorin take the fast lead, with Butch, Lee and I bringing up the rear. (I'm a little fuzzy on the groups, due to a later biff...)
Trails were great, with abundant traction and little dust. I end up getting dusted and roosted by everyone, but someone has to bring up the rear... :ride:
Back at camp, another bull session along with food and refreshment. Lorin, Butch and I head out for the tight trails with a couple of gnarly hills. The 'hill-o-doom' claims me and Butch has to manhandle my bike back down for me to get a better run. Alot of trail later, and we meet up with Brian and a couple of other riders. We head back in towards camp, and I end up behind Brian. I am tickled because I am able to keep up with him, as he was clipping along pretty well. I bobbled in a corner, and Swift gets a lead on me. I encounter a long muddy whoop section where I try to make up some distance. I got cross-rutted, and took a side junket into some cedar trees. All I could do was close my eyes and hope for the best.
When I perceive I've stopped, my brain starts the re-boot procedure. Eyes, check. Arms, check. Back, check. Legs, left leg is under the right side of the bike. Pull it out, check. Decide not to think about how I ended up sitting backwards on the bike. Pull my helmet off as a group of 2 dads and 3 kids on minis show up. Their wide-eyed stare tells me that I feel alot better than I look. :yikes: One of the dads stays with me to make sure I get back to camp, OK. No problems. It's great to ride with a group, because they jump in and take care of everything! All I had to do was bleed alittle, while they loaded me up... :worship:
Get home OK and hit the shower. Shove my nose back into a semi-straight position, with a re-enactment of the shower scene in 'Psycho'. :eek:
All things considered, I had a great time. It could have ended alot worse than it did, and I'm thankfull that it didn't. :)
It was great seeing a big group of the spodes, that's what it's all about.
Thanks, guys!

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I'm guessing Craig looks like a raccoon today. I feel for ya buddy. Did you try and cover it with make up this morning? :laugh: For one reason or another we had a lot of carnage yesterday. Craig's crash, Jeff ended up with a front flat, I twisted my knee (minor sprain), Brian pancaked a radiator. (the other one this time) Lee's 0mph crash in the pits. Am I missing anything? On the bright side the weather was unbelievable, in fact after the rain shower Don was looking for a coat until we started making fun of him and the traction on the trails was almost to good to be true. Eight people's a good turn out for the Heartland Spodes. Here's to hoping everybody and their bikes heal quickly so we can ride again.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Glad to see you post, Craig! The second worst place to crash is sweep.(the first is the leader). The radiator sucks but no injuries. Derek forgot to mention the Guy Cooper move Lee pulled between the 34" trees with 36" handle bars, well almost anyway. I can barely move with out some aches in pains but the smile makes it worth it. Thanks to everyone for making a day at the 500 one to remember.

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
Best conditions I have ever ridden at the 500!!!! I usually prefer Draper due to dirt conditions and the close to home thing, but yesterday was a blast for sure. I took pity on Craig after his uphill boof. It almost looked like there was an battery guage dropping each time he tried to hoist up that 450. After three attempts, he just sat down and decided top think about it for a minute. We got together and wrassled it down the hill...."where's a good place to grab it?"... "no where!" Lorin of course conducted himself in a most ungentlemanly way, by blaming his own uphill tip overs on the forementiond Craig, and other....ahem....trail incidents. But all in all, a fun ride and I wanna do it again.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
craig_enid said:
I encounter a long muddy whoop section where I try to make up some distance. I got cross-rutted, and took a side junket into some cedar trees. All I could do was close my eyes and hope for the best.

sounds like the patented "sawblade move". :ohmy:

i didn't know you got a 450.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
craig_enid said:
Yeah, I'm still bring up the :moon: , but I can't blame the bike anymore! ;)

Only by a nose. Sorry, bad joke. Couldn't help myself.

Top Bottom