Is my tranmission shifting correctly??

DaRooster

Oct 8, 2005
All,

just finished putting together the crankcase on my son's KX65. My question is, before I get everything else together, should I be able to shift through every gear includind neutral or not?? I can shift into 1st, then find neutral, then into 2nd. Beyond that, I can't find 3rd to 5th. normal?? checked the star gear, pawl, linkage spring, evrything. Does the star gear (detent or notch) have to be orientated in a certain way?? I spent quite a while earlier this week to make sure everything lined up and operated the way it should be. Anyone have any input on this?? Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Chad

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
hi... just one thing to be aware: to shift to every gear you must rotate one of the gearbox axles, if don´t it will not egage correctly...

DaRooster

Oct 8, 2005
Thanks for the tip. I installed the countershaft sprocket and spun it through all the gears. Everything shifted and operated as such. Looked at the star gear, it rotated and returned back to it position when in neutral. Kinda neat. One thing though, should it be harder to rotate in the lower gears than higher ones?? Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Chad

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
yes it is...
when you do 1 turn in the gearbox sprocket in 6th you rotate the crankshaft, say, 1 turn also...
if you try it in 1st, the crankshaft will rotate 1\5 turns... so the force to rotate will increase 5 times... funny...
:cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom