Is Recession A Self-Fulfilling Prophecy?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Shaw520 said:
Solution; Government Reform

I Havn't actually done the math, but it was estimated that with the first 700 billion "buy-out" package,.. if distributed amoung all tax paying americans over the age of 18, would have yielded aprox $450,000 per person,... that would have solved the economy crisis,.. and then some. (We'd all be half-millionaires)

Now there talking about printing off another 800 billion in fake money. :yikes:
(hmm,. I though counterfieting was illegal)

Government reform,...

"We The People" need to get our country back
Too bad the math doesn't work out. $700 billion divided by $425,000 would mean there are 1647 people that are 18 or over. That may not be right. I guess the money should be used to teach math. :debil:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
RM_guy said:
Too bad the math doesn't work out. $700 billion divided by $425,000 would mean there are 1647 people that are 18 or over. That may not be right. I guess the money should be used to teach math. :debil:

:nod:

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
seven hundred BILLION dollars,... try adding 3 more zeros.

My calculator is starting to smoke like a 2 stroke :aj:

1674 times 450,000 equals 753 million,

the buyout was 700 Billion,

I beleive it comes to 1.6 million ppl could have 450,000,...

now,... how many tax paying americans over the age 18 are there??.

Last edited:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Yeah, yeah, yeah...it's still not $425,000 for each person. What's the population of the US? 300 million? Let's say it is. And let's say half of those are over 18. That's $700,000,000,000 divided by 150,000,000 which comes out to $4666 per person. Not quite $425K.

I received an email before with the same $425K number but it also had the population numbers so it was easier to debunk.

Once I get past $1000 my brain glazes over with all of the zeros. I guess you must just be used to dealing with 12 figure numbers more than me :debil: :laugh:

We have to have another group ride. My brain hurts :bang: :bang:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I found that 75% of the population is over 18 (in 2005) so that brings the distribution of wealth down to $3K per person.

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Population vs Tax paying American's,... I beleive the figure is around 130 million legal americans that file taxes.

700 billion / 130 million = 5384 .... almost enough to by a new KTM and forget about recession LOL!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The point is the same, the money would do better off in our hands! Not some foreign backed company, to help their mis-managed company bailout. You guys haven't been doing any of their tax accounts, you know, math geniuses? And the axe is falling on corrupt politicians, well at least in Illinoise!

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
And the axe is falling on corrupt politicians,

Let the axe fall,.... recession is a necessary correction period, and every time they try and cover it up, it only makes it worse.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Shaw520 said:
Population vs Tax paying American's,... I beleive the figure is around 130 million legal americans that file taxes...
Ha!! Who said anything about the tax payers being the only ones to get anything? There is a huge chunk of folks that don't pay taxes but get tax relief...go figure. :bang:

Actually I like an idea that came from some congressman. It's 2 months free of federal taxes. Not sure how it really works but I believe for 2 months you get to keep your federal tax and SS withholding. I don't know how they account for people that have high or low withholding but the point is you have to work to have withholding so it would go to those that actually pay taxes. Money in our hands is better. :nod:

It has been picking up some steam but who knows what it might morph into.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Shaw520 said:
Let the axe fall,.... recession is a necessary correction period, and every time they try and cover it up, it only makes it worse.
I gotta agree with you.

Gravity Worx

Dec 10, 2008
Shaw520 said:

Fact.

One other thing, a large one, has lead up to this correction in the US at least.
We as a country have imported fdar more than we have exported for a very long time now.
Our largest export is litterely our garbage or waste.

I remember the government sponsored "Buy American" commercials.
We evidently don't do that any more because we are too busy buying everything from China, a country that really doesn't like us that well. :bang:
Then we borrow LOTS of money from them to buy oil from countries that like us even less, rather than drilling our own and selling it.

OK, rant over...

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Shaw520 said:
Let's watch closely what happens with Blichnickoferdowlomski (Illinois Governor)

Top Bottom