IS there a good comprimise for NE HareScrambles an

jsnake

Jan 15, 2002
Hi All,

I am a B class harescramble racer that likes to cross train on some MXTracks. My real passion is HS racing and currently I Have a 01 kx250 with Stock suspension. I was planning on forks/shock revalve to better suit my wieght(190 w gear) and conditions(Ne rocks/roots), but I am concearned that if it is setup 100% for HS then it won't work on the mx track? Has anyone had this problem? any suggestions?

Thanks

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Jsnake youre not alone alot of people have that problem . I would think that youd need to figure what youd need the most , Its either bottoming on the MX or harsh in the woodsies . Where do you spend most of your time ? At the last Meteor H/S NJ There was a very varied assemblage of terrainbut I thought that the sand whoops were the worst and the MXers had less trouble . There were really no rocks . Do you think youre better with a firmer bike and turn out the clickers or a softer bike and turn in the clickers ? I guess up north you have some H/S with rocks , EH?

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
ha ha , more like boulders . Actually ive been up there . Rocks are tough but wet or muddy rocks are tougher. I remember one race in Pa where the rocks were all mossy covered and it was bad . Sometimes out here it gets real wet and we link together pallots . When they get muddy its really slippery .You might try finding a friend with a 01 125 & get his stock springs and swapem out for the rocks runs 41 frt 4.8 rear (125) 43 5.2 (250stock) or maybe someone with a progressiverate 4.8(2000kx250 rear.) or at least the front springs and loosen up the rear preload, if it doesnt lower the ride height too much . For most people it easier to change springs than revalve . I dont really know your capabilities limitations etc. Down here we have aloy of roots on the trail and its sort of like a rock situation , but what we do have here are deep sand whoops that swallow the bike up and if the setup is too soft you get a wallowing sensation that stinks . We wetre playing around with removing the bladders on those forks for light guysa in the woods . It was my impression that the bladders were a supercross inspired device.I guess you should just start tinkering around or ask someone with a sucessful setup what their setup is like . Hope this helps .

Top Bottom