i've been thinking, and its decided....

Maru16

Mar 29, 2001
Yeppers. I've been thinking.:think
I wasn't sure if maybe i should leave or not. And i'm gonna go ahead and do so.
I just don't come here alot, and i don't ride my bike that often.
Sure, i love my bike a lot, but i'm not like you guys.I'm starting to see where i'm going to go in life, and dirtbikes aren't really in there. Well, they are, but they're not a big thing. I am seeing now, that my life in the horse world was meant to be, and that my dream of going out in the West with my horse to see the wild herds is still there. To ride in Dressage shows and compete in Enduro's (Equestrian Endurance) And don't try and change it, because, my love for horses is just too strong to break.
I want to thank you guys though. You've helped a lot in many different ways, more than i can count. :D
Will probably ACTUALLY leave in a few days, just need to "clean" some things.

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
Well Im sorry to here that you are leaving us Maru, but I wish you the best of luck in your future endevours.

Be sure to check up once in a while ;)

Last edited:

Maru16

Mar 29, 2001
yeah, i'll check back once in awhile, this place is addicting. (sp ?)

singletracker: yes, i've heard stories of people, i've read about it, and people i know have seen it, and its my goal to get there. A good thing is, is that you can ride there, and see them. Well... as close as you can get anyways without going into a flat out gallop!:)

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Why would you want to ride a horse?? They have no handlebars, no brakes and you have to feed them everyday whether you ride them or not. JK :)

I don't ride every weekend and it's fun to come here. I hope you'll pop in every once and a while.

MikeT

Maru16

Mar 29, 2001
its hard to describe why, but.. well:think
its like a 4x4 , you can take it anywhere, its more reliable (opinions differ on this), its got traction, and when you're around it long enough, you can trust it.
its a dirtbike only bigger, and 5x's more dangerous but fun.:eek:
though, i will always keep my bike, and ride it when and where i can.:)

they have brakes;) some horses. you say "HO", and they'll stop on a dime, so fast, you better hang on..
others and if you have ever seen a Dressage test, you watch the rider and see them halt at X and salute. To the untrained eye, you see nothing, but the rider is really using their entire body to stop the horse. You "dig" your seat bones into the saddle, brace your back,and your shoulders, and use all your muscles in your legs. in other words, body language.:D it takes a lot, and some riders exercise to keep in shape.

Last edited:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Maru

Please explain, you are leaving DRN ?! - this is the internet, you never leave (well at least not until they lock you out, or shut the site down ! ;) ), or are you leaving Florida, and heading West ?!

Are you pissed off, or have you just had enough.

Until you get rid of that bike altogether, and stay on your horse full time, you will always be a dirt rider ! - When I was sixteen and growing up in South Africa I read just about Louis LaMour book, and just wanted to live the wild west. Fortunately we also had dirt bikes on the farm, and when I fell a few too many times from the horses, got a busted face and broken collar-bone, decided there and then to stick with the iron beasts - much safer :)

Good luck at horesrider.net ! :)

Alan
BB

Better to be a live dog, than a dead lion !

Maru16

Mar 29, 2001
nah, i'm not pissed off...

......weeelll, i was going to leave FL and head far far into the Eastern direction, to Japan, but that won't be happening soon. :(

You have a point though, you never leave the internet, or in this case DRN unless "..........".:eek: :confused:

it was in the beginning, when i was thinking, that, i'm getting more and more busy, that i'd hardly ever have time to come here, much less the internet, and i probably wouldn't be able to get on in the next few months, er something, its such a busy year, and it'll be the same next year. And i just don't talk about my bike much, though i love it, i ride it.. and i need to stop complaining now, if thats what it is.:eek: (wow, i put everything so bluntly like don't i?):confused:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Stop in from time to time. I think you'll find that most people here don't really eat, sleep and breath dirt bikes. This is and excellent site with a lot of good people here as with most of the dirt bike community. Heck, you could probably not even be interested in dirt bikes and still take advantage of this site. I've never been steered wrong by anyone here, this has to be one of the most compassionate group of people ever assembled on the internet. Just ask a question and I bet you'll get an answer, it might not be what you want to hear but I sincerely belive that most comments if not made in humor are made in good intentions.

Also you can find people here that may share similar interests as you for example, Kingriz1 could probably set you up real nice with a new saddle or tac.

Take care and enjoy life.

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Not what you think--

:ugg: Maru,
For the most part the plight of wild horses out west has improved in the last 20 years or so, they are no longer rounded up just for dog food.
The herds are getting better through controled roundups to cull the herds.
This has kept the inbreeding to a minimum, but the average Mustang looks like <<--THIS ONE-->>
It is sad to see them all jug-headed, scarred up, diseased with dredlock looking manes.
I see them quite a bit in North Eastern Nevada. There is one herd about 50 miles away from me here in SW Wyoming.

I do love to see them, it is just sad too see them in such bad shape.

You may enjoy <<--THIS-->>
Good luck, :)

kingriz1

Aug 2, 2001
I do both

Hi Maru,

My first love has always been horses. A very close by a nose finish second is now dirt biking!

You can do both. I do! Not dressage, but other disciplines. I think Polo is more my kind of game!

Hey if you are in the market for a dressage bridle let me know.

I design them. I have some beautifull padded ones right now.
Sincerely,

Riz

Maru16

Mar 29, 2001
thanks you guys. (never make a post at 2 in the morning, it blinds your true thoughts.)
KWJams - yes, they do look like that, but other horses are in good shape. actually those pictures there aren' too bad. or, were you to adopt one, you could get them into much better shape, heh, that is, if you can get to them.
Its probably changed now, but have you seen the wild horses in New Mexico? I've only seen them on tape, not in real life, but they were real healthy looking.

Kingriz1 - you know, i just may need a dressage bridle sometime next year, for shows, etc.
I'm starting out in Dressage, again, next year, i will also be preparing for endurance (including, preparing myself!), and some how i'm going to manage to fit jumping in there too.

And, when i need to get away, the bike will always be there, as i am NOT going to sell it. nneevvver.
:)

kingriz1

Aug 2, 2001
We need to hook up.

I designed some awesome (if I do say so myslelf) bridles with rhinestones int he browband. Looks like diamonds when the lights hit it. Really pimp stuff.

I have some really nice rolled bridles as well as the padded ones.

Weymouth whatever.

So I got you covered in any English event. My western line should be ready by march. Since it sounds like you are going to need a nice ropin' saddle too! To catch your wild horse.

If you decide to get rid of the bike maybe we can work a nice trade on lotsa' Tack.

I am still looking for Thunder if you find him out in the hills call me I will saddle up and be on my way!

What kind of horse do you ride?

Sincerely,

Kingriz1

Maru16

Mar 29, 2001
well, i was riding a spirity Arab for awhile, but then i got thrown off, so now i'm riding a Quarter Horse, i don't own one as of now, but we're in the process of looking. So by the beginning of next year, i'll have a horse, and then i'll be getting into the shows.
When i do get a horse, well, hopefully it will be an Appendix, because that's what we're looking for, though there is one that i am looking at now.
A 15.3hh, 10yr. old buckskin mare.:eek:

kingriz1

Aug 2, 2001
Well all horses are cool (cept for shetlands).

Arabs Rule IMO. They have to trust you and love you, but when they do there is nothing they won't do for you.

I have two Arabs Here is a pic of Barbie. She is a registered Half Arab. A real sweetie. IAny one can ride her even little kids.

Then there is Seven who is my steed. He is not really happy if anyone else gets on him. You wanna talk spirit. My riding(horse) friends wont even get on him. He is an Arab who can run like the wind. I have only been beat once and that was by a foot when he was sick.

I wish I was more into the disciplines I just love to ride. Seven could do Dressage every Dressage person who has ever seen him move tell me to get into it. Barbie is a Western Pleasure show horse and her sire is a World Champion. She is also currently bred to a Champion Stallion. She is worth a few bucks.

Seven on the other hand was a gift from God as far as I am concerned. I was at an Auction looking at some horses and in comes this old Cowboy on a skinny, bony Arab. The old Cowboy said the usual lies about how easy the horse is and how much he can do blah, blah, blah. You have to be careful at the auctions. Well anyway, the horse flipped out and dumped the dude on his head. his head was gashed pretty good and he was pissed. So he said sell it and walked off, I think his pride was more hurt than anything. Well anyway as you know people think Arabs are crazy (spirited). The whispers were running through the crown about how the horse was a crazy dangerous Arab.

No one would bid and then this fat guy bid 300 bucks. I was so happy I told my friend (who was a little more experienced at the auctions), "Wow that guy is a horse lover, that horse is nuts and he is still gonna buy him". My friend laughed and told me "no that guy is from the slaughter house'.

Well I bought that horse for 350 bucks. I took it back to the stables and put up a sign saying I had 350 bucks in the horse and anyone who would give it a good home could have him for my cost. I already had two horses both of whom I had paid a pretty penny for. I did not need another.

He was so skinny and bony that people laughed at me. The old cowboy did not know the horses name and someone asked me what is was. When they run horses through an auction they will put a number on his butt. The number 7 was on his so I said his name is Seven.

That horse was the craziest thing you have ever seen. One day I was putting up a tarp and he got scared and ran through the wood wall at the barn. THROUGH IT!! Seven would not let anyone near him.

So I spent 3 days in his stall. I only left to go to the bathroom. He finally came over and sniffed me and after 2 years of building trust with him I can swing off the chandeliers and he does not care. He is starting to trust other people now too.

Someone had really abused him. I am very proud to say that no matter where I go on him. I get so many compliments on him from everyone. About how beautiful he is and how awesome he moves. You should see him he looks like a Kings horse.

My Tack company is named Seven Saddlery.

Well anyway sorry I rambled on so much. I get a little carried away with my horses.

Maru16

Mar 29, 2001
You got to be kidding. through it?
wait,.. yeah, i can believe that.:eek:
aside from the quarter horse i'm riding, there's another arab that i am riding, she's really pretty, all black, except for a white "blotch" on her forehead. and i thought they were all solid.

What kind of auctions can you find a horse at? I know there's one here in FL but i'm having trouble finding it. If anything, i'd like to save a horse's life.
We do have a horse at the barn that was saved, but the girls that bought him don't even know how to ride! They used a BUNGEE cord to act as a martingale! Another rider stopped them from doing so fortunately:scream:
That could've gotten loose and whipped the horse in the face, i tell ya, some people just don't think.

Seven sounds like a lucky horse, glad you saved him, now he's got a second chance to live again. :)

Seven Saddles... I'll remember that. Catchy name.

Top Bottom