OverheatedR

Jan 10, 2006
I need some help from anyone who has had some of the symptoms or mods my bike has and how I should jet. I just installed a V-Force 3 reed cage and an FMF Fatty/Shorty pipe setup and was wondering how I should re-jet accordingly for this and yes, I have searched and searched but have found nothing much on what I should do. I also have a JD Jet kit so I have available needles and main jets but I have a feeling it could be the pilot. My bike bogs bad down low and wont revv quickly when I pin the throttle from almost idle to low speed. Checked the plug and it looked wayy rich and was wet so something is too richly jetted for lowend and/or possibly top. Should I drop the needle clip possibly or new pilot?? Need help here so I can go rip it up tomorrow!! :cool:

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
You know what have fun trying out different jetting black oil colored plugs usually mean rich condition. When my bike was stock I went down one on the pilot to a 37.5 and one leaner clip pos to #2 but I was also running trick 101 unleaded race gas 40:1.

My bike did that also but when it was a 125, in neutral only I don't recall that happening on the track while ridding it. I figured it may of just been me wicking the throttle to fast from closed to wide open. occurred spractically it's a 38 mm carb on a lil 125 I know it sounds wierd but it cleans out. Also long as it doesn't happen while ridding it which mine never did well I could do it mid air by over revving it but that's my fault but it cleaned out once I hit the ground and pull away cleanly.

Rev Limiter? Timing? but my EG modded yz 144 does not do this. I also didn't add the v3 and a factory fatty/shorty combo till after that. I also run quite a bit richer jetting now and I freakin love it now with the 14/48 the 14 counter sprocket wheelie's when I crack the throttle now like my 250 no more wasted wheel spining :blah:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom