Jetting with PC pipe/silencer

kdxsam

Sep 20, 2002
Hello, I have a 2001 KDX200 with a Pro Circuit platinum pipe and a 304 Factory Sound silencer. My airbox lid is removed. I put a 45 pilot jet in and a 155 main jet with an R1173K needle on the 3rd clip. This was what FMF recommended. I thought it would work good with the PC pipe but I guess they're different. So, does anybody out there have the same sort of setup as me and has a great running bike that is jetted right? If so, I need your help on jetting with this pipe. My elevation is under 500 ft.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
What problems are you having with the current jetting?

kdxsam

Sep 20, 2002
My current jetting is causing the bike to bog on the low-end (1st & 2nd gear). I'm thinking a leaner pilot jet and keep the main because she rips on top.

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
For reference, bog = lean, bike sounds like there is a squirrel standing on your kill switch (minus the squirrel laughing)

The pilot is suspect but don't forget you still can raise the clip on and check the effect, and always set the AS for best off-idle performance after every adjustment.

I don't think just the pilot will be the solution. I don't think the 1173 does well with a 42.

Last edited:

kdxsam

Sep 20, 2002
Oh, and also when I put the new jets in, the new needle also made a big difference. I don't think I want to get rid of the needle. Maybe just try different clip positions and pilot jets?

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
AS is the Air Screw. Turning it out leans the mixture (fuel/air) by introducing more air in the fuel/air mixture. If you are beyond 2 1/2 turns out you should consider a leaner (smaller number) pilot jet because the AS can no longer compensate for the pilot jet. If you are more than 3/4 turns in you should install an richer (larger) pilot jet. I would think that a 42 would be as lean as you'd want to go.

Last edited:

ek415

Jan 22, 2002
I have an 02' 220 with a PC pipe, stock silencer, and no airbox lid. Didn't change any jets, just droped the needle 1 notch from stock, run Mobil 1 2stroke @ 44-1. No problems at sea level up to 2,000 ft. You might try going back to stock and working on it from there. Good luck.

kdxsam

Sep 20, 2002
I run Amsoil Series 2000 Synthetic 2-cycle racing oil 50:1. I don't think I'm going to go back and try to work it out with the stock pipe. I'll just buy 3-4 pilot jets and try yhem all out! THANKS FOR EVERYBODIES HELP!!!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom