Moose95

Sponsoring Member
Mar 9, 2002
Thanks Dave! I've never done business with him, but his efforts with this post proves his character. That kind of crud just doesn't need to be aired, IMHO. :think:

RTL

~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
Thanks Rich for the cleanup :thumb:
Thanks Tim for the backing :thumb:

Project Update (the real reason for this thread):

Okay, the poster is turning out to be way more complicated than I had originally thought. I have learned all about dpi, printers, and software. The bad news is that my poster is going to have to be small in nature, say 12" X 18". The good news is that the PrintShop software that I have will allow me to create such a poster, as long as I keep the pics at 100% (no enlarging). I'm working on getting more pics from people, with higher resolutions. It turns out that scanning a 35mm pic works better than having a digital pic in most cases. I have grouped the photos into three categories, bike, bike and rider, and action.

Calendar Update:

I will be making a calendar probably with a May-to-May layout. Still working on the details... Some people have offered to help out with the calendar printing so it may be completed before the poster.

Overall things are moving slow as I am extremely busy at work and spare time is hard to come by.. I'm in the process of contacting people working on better pics and I'm hoping to get Jeff Fredette into the mix somehow, since he is the King of KDX... I have a xls built listing who has sent me pics, people who I want to get pics from, and the quality of pics from each rider and what categories they have submitted, along with their email addresses.

More to come soon... Keep the pics coming! Feel free to PM me with questions or concerns or ideas or suggestions.. :yeehaw:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
RTL
PM me your address and I'll send you that picture and you can scan it. Just send it back to me when you are done. OK?
Fred

RTL

~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
Actually Fred, your picture is one of the better ones, coming in at 444KB, 1230 X 1788. I think its okay, no scan needed! If I need to, I will take you up on your offer. A KDX poster just wouldn't be the same without Fred T! I'm hoping to get some pics of your ole KDX from your bud... :thumb:

Thanks again Fred :)

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
Swwet on the up-date RTL. Hey did my Pic some out alright?? I sure hope it did! Keep up the good work and get back with me. Thanx.

RTL

~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
Speedy, your pic of the 85 200 is making the vintage section, but your 96 had not made the cut yet. You need to send me a pic after your mods. The top 13 modern KDXers all all pretty trick, making the first cut hard to make. Send me a current pic and we will see where she falls. However, I will make an effort to get every submitted picture in somewhere... :thumb:

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
Hey cool on the 85!!! Thats my Baby! The 96' is in its final (year and half) stages and should be done soon. I will take a pic with same camera that i did the 85'. You will like the 96' when im done, hopefully it gets done before your done with the project tho... Right now im working on custom graphics for it thru a online buss. thanx -Speedy

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
RTL I sent u those extra pics and my life history it seems like. I think this is a great idea and maybe after it is finished you could get kawi dealers to hang them up to help sales of the ultimate playbike for guys.
Ted Pereboom

RTL

~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
Update:

I'm sorry to report that I have not made any significant progress with the Wall of Fame project. Unfortunately, I have been having some pretty serious health issues resulting in very little computer time. I'm undergoing numerous tests hoping that everything will turn out okay. What really stinks is that I have not been able to ride for months! :(

TimR, send me that updated pic and I will add it to the collection.

All, my apologies for the delays, I'm hoping to get back to the project in the very near future...

Thanks for your prayers and e-mails :thumb:

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
I will send you the full size scan.  Here's a preview:

Attachments

• robertscherokeesmall.jpg
    robertscherokeesmall.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 134

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
BTW,  I hope you get to feeling better.  Hit the trail when you can, it's thearaputic.  :thumb:

RTL

~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
Hello All!

I'm back! For the most part I have my health issues under control and I am just now getting back to some extra carricular activities.. I have been given the go ahead to begin riding again, so needless to say I'm pretty excited.

After riding some, one of the first things on my list is to get back to the 'Wall of Fame'. Sorry for the delay, but stuff happens.

Someone tell Speedy that the 'Dude' is back and his pics have been received. God is good, All the time! :thumb:

More to come....

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
Hey Dude, LMAO i couldnt think of your name,, sorry RTL, hehe Hey my 96' is finally done. Can I still send you another pic??? You wouldnt believe its the same bike.

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
OK i sent you the pic anyway RTL. Thanx and hope you get to feeling better. Let me know you recieved the pic and its of quality for you to use? Thanx again, Hey do you think i could get you to post the pic. on a new thread for all to see?? Thanx again -Speedy

cfr1970

Sponsoring Member
Jun 27, 2002
RTL, glad you're back. I'm glad things have taken a while though. I had been off-line for quite a while (little military call up issue) and had missed the original posts. What's the deal with photos. My digital technology su*&%. :| I have some pics the old fashioned way though. Definitely interested in the poster. Moving into a new house in a couple of weeks and couldn't think of a better way to put holes in the wall for the first time. Especially get the garage decorating under way. :)

Fuzzy Dice

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2002
RTL,I am going to send you some Hi RES photos.My camera has 4.2 megapixels.Just be patient.I want to get some to you this week after I take some.I also think a 2004 calender would be the way to go so every bike gets around 30 days viewing.we're getting close to 8 months into 2003 and '04 will be here before long.

RTL

~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
Speedy, your machine is looking good! The Pic is perfect, Nice job.

All, remember to send me your name and a complete list of your mods with your pics.

Email me if you want to send a photo for me to scan, not a problem. I will give you a mailing address.

Bring em on. :thumb:

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
Hi all, Good to hear the pic looked good. RTL told us in a earlier post that it was gonna be hard to make the top 13 cut in the modern KDX spot. He didnt really say if my bike made it. Basically, i think to make the cut it has to look like anything but a KDX. Gotta remember the top best looking/best running KDX's in the world are members of this forum. Not to mention some of the best riders in the world. Alot of riders have already sent there pics in, the list is long im sure. All i know is even if my bikes dont make it in the Modern or the vintage, I want a few posters and a calender to put on my wall. Thanx RTL

RTL

~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
89kdx200rdr, I love em all!

Everyone, I'm planning on cutting a photo CD of all of the pics I receive and sending out for a nominal fee (shipping plus the cost of the dics - no profit) so that others can enjoy the pics I have received. In addtion, I'm building a spreadsheet of all of the names and mods to go with the CD. I have learned that blowing up digital pics is extremely difficult to do unless the quality is 3 megs or greater. However, I'm still working this project from a country boyz point of view... I just need something on my garage wall!!! More to come....

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
WOW RTL,, What a Great Idea!!! YIIIii--Peeeeee, WE ALL MAKE IT!! This is awesome what you are doing. I just cant wait to actually have some KDX posters on my wall. Thanx Again - Speedy

Top Bottom