kdx220.....fmf powercore2..or..turbinecore2???

nolali111

Jan 9, 2006
I have a KDX220 2004,and wan't to change my pipe and silencer.I chose for the pipe a FMF gnarly(desert pipe).I wan"t to know if there's a big difference between the "powercore2 "and the "turbinecore2" for ...1-the power..and 2-the noise..
If not much difference i'll go for the more silente.
Will those change will make a big difference compare to the stock pipe&silencer in power on the bike.
Thanks budy

highmileage

Jun 17, 2004
The biggest difference between the two (I actually think they have the same basic outer cannister) is that the one has a USFS sparky (TCII) and the other does not (PCII).

Let the sparky be your guide as the PCII and TCII have similar performance and noise. If you want a sparky and quiet, go with the TCII Q.

dirtbikingdad

Oct 25, 2005
highmileage said:
The biggest difference between the two (I actually think they have the same basic outer cannister) is that the one has a USFS sparky (TCII) and the other does not (PCII).

Let the sparky be your guide as the PCII and TCII have similar performance and noise. If you want a sparky and quiet, go with the TCII Q.

What he said. You can never be stealth enough. However, if you would like a powercore 2, I may be willing to make you a deal on mine so I can get a Turbine Core 2. :)

jamin326

~SPONSOR~
Oct 29, 2002
I have a 99 kdx220 with the desert (rev) pipe on it and at one time I did have the turbine core2 silencer on it, but with it on the jetting was pretty fussy and it didn't really make anymore noticable power, however I do also have the RB carb mod so that had a little to do with the fussy jetting, anyways I run the stock silencer now and it's the quietest one out there and you don't have to repack it. If you really want more power don't waste your money on a silencer, get the carb mod. oh and you will notice a big gain in power from the fmf rev pipe.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom