BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Got a link for camp ground info? DWreck wants to go as do I. Very good chance we'll be there Friday evening.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Cool!

You are looking for Talimena State Park. If the link doesn't take you directly to the park try this link and select Talimena from the pull down list. The state park is just north of Talihina in US271.

The Saturday ride is to Muse OK, which is about 70 miles total. Lunch and Gas will be served in Muse. Saturday evening will consist of a steak and a few brews. I will bring my grill etc. It is BYOS and BYOB. :yeehaw: It will be great to have you and D join us.

I am shooting for an 8:30PM (at the latest) arrival. Keetoman is going to go up early and nail down some spaces.

Keetoman

Mar 16, 2003
You guys let me know how many and what type (tent or camper w/wo hookups) you will need and I will do my best to save some so we are not far from each other.

GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
Am I mistaken? I was under the impression that this event was origionally going to take place near Broken Bow. Talimena is on US271 approximately 60 miles Northwest of Broken Bow. Broken Bow is on US259. I ask this because the first post had the Broken Bow stuff in it and Pushmataha and Mc Curtain counties are on the Red River I believe.

Quote:
The Saturday ride is to Muse OK, which is about 70 miles total. Lunch and Gas will be served in Muse.

Is this a fire road, trail or what and on the gas issue, do us 2 strokers somehow need to bring some oil to mix with the gas? Will my stock KX250 make 70 miles with stock jetting on one tank?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure I'm on the same page as the rest of you guys.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
GhostRider: Didn't mean to confuse anyone. The area is quite large and Talemina State Park is a known place that trails begin from. There is a group that has been there before that suggested the starting point. I have heard from many reputible (if any dirtbikes is reputible :eek: ) sources that you don't want to stray into some areas because of locals. That being said Muse has been mentioned as a half way point for many rides from the park. I am picking up a set of USGS quads for the area tomorrow.

Regarding fuel ... I suspect 70 miles is near the limit for most bikes. If I ride my 200, I am planning on pouring the correct amount of oil in a small bottle for 2 gallons of gas and carrying it with me.

Actually the entire idea of riding out of a state park and across 30 miles of forest to a small town that doesn't mind dirtbikes on their roads and spending money there, all the while dodging Marijuana growers sounds like fun ... a throwback to my formative years :thumb:

Regarding trails: I have it on good authority that there are a great variation of conditions ranging from tight technical sections to fire roads where you can open it up. There is also a number (4~5) creek crossings to keep things interesting. This area is reputed to be as rocky as parts of Colorado.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
GhostRider32 said:
OK, I was planning on going wherever it was, I just wanted to make sure I was gonna be in the right place. :)

:thumb: Looking forward to meeting and riding with you! As mentioned before, if you have a camper, Keetoman is going up midday on Friday and will secure slots. As I said in a earlier post, I plan on getting there by 8:30 PM at the latest. I am probably going to hook up with tx246 in Denton for the ride up.

It is gonna be a epic ride! :flame:

GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
I am looking forward to meeting all of you guys. I don't have a camper, heck, I don't even have a tent anymore. I am going to go buy one this week. If the park allows it, maybe I can set my tent in the vinicity of the other campers, if not, save me a space. :yeehaw:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I will likely set my cot up inside my trailer. We will make sure there is room.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Tony, I'll be showing up Friday evening and will sleep in my van. I'll ride to Muse and back Saturday, then I'll head back home late Saturday afternoon. Are Butch and Lorin coming on this deal? Butch and I still have a grudge match to finish.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
JMD said:
Are Butch and Lorin coming on this deal? Butch and I still have a grudge match to finish.

I know Lorin is out, but I am not sure about Butch.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
As am I... I have to leave the next couple of weeks open in prep for becoming "Bop" .
Sounds like it should be a great time, have a blast everyone! Ride reports!!

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Tree time grew near and the admin duo bailed! LOL ;)

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Heck NO. I'm FNRTT.... that and I've got family coming into town.

I just thought it was funny.... you and Thump and trees and then bailing. Admit it! The idea of trees scared you! ;)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
rikerrackerfrakingaldurnsunnybeechin got put on-call Monday to Monday. rikerrackerfrakingaldurnsunnybeechin fades into complete sailor language.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I'm still thinking about trying to do this. As of now I will be by myself and have bike, pillow and sleeping bag and I'm still not real sure about where everyone is meeting. Someone needs to twist my arm.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Looks like it will be wet, but I'm still in. Where do I buy the permit, and where is everybody parking in the campground? I'll be up Friday evening, ride the Saturday gig and leave about 3 p.m. Saturday. Grady, what about you and Stan? Butch? Lorin? Good opportunity to throw some mud on me. Bring it on.

GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
DWreck said:
I'm still thinking about trying to do this. As of now I will be by myself and have bike, pillow and sleeping bag and I'm still not real sure about where everyone is meeting. Someone needs to twist my arm.

Twisting.......ready yet? I bought a 8x9 tent so i've got room if you need it.

I hope it dosen't rain, but if it does, maybe it won't all day. Besides, when was the last time a weatherman was actually accurate? :yeehaw:

Also, the permits can probably be bought at any local store. That's the way we bought them 3 years ago anyway.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
OK, I have a co-pilot. We will be leaving Stillwater between 4:30 and 5pm on Friday.(Hopefully) Headed for Talihina State Park with a tent, two bikes and no idea what is in store for us. Hopefully will be there before dark. Look for a maroon 94 Chevy S-10 full of KX's and camping supplies. We will have to head back Saturday night. This feels like running into a dark alley that I have never been in full speed ahead hoping for the best. Ought to be fun.

Keetoman

Mar 16, 2003
Ok guys, I'm ready to roll! We will be leaving around noon so look for a black, 4 door 4x4 Ford Powerstroke (hope we make it) with a 16ft enclosed trailer. Tony, If we get there before you, I'll save a spot for your coffee maker... I mean your trailer! Our buddy with the rolling duplex had to back out because his wife is pregnant so looks like pbj for breakfast instead of that omlet :(

DWreck, don't be skeerd! The Sasquatch in that area doesn't like rain.

See you guys tomorrow!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Current Weather Channel Info

Fri - Apr 30 Partly Cloudy 81°/59° 10 %
Sat - May 01 AM T-Storms 65°/44° 70 %
Sun - May 02 Sunny 71°/46° 0 %

I am bringing the 20x20 tarp and frame so we can hunker down if need be.

I am also tossing on a load of wood and my desert heater in case we can't build a fire on the ground.

I have the coffee maker, a microwave, a gas grill etc. I am planning on a steak for Sat evening. Bring one and we can toss it on the grill.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Tony, please PM me with your cell phone number, and I'll send you mine, so I can find you all. I'm going to try to leave Dallas about 4 p.m. and get there around 8.

Top Bottom