canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Again...it's not a matter of 'wrong with these levers.'

Again summore.....putting it on a new knuckle will get you the best fit. Chances are good the existing knuckle is goobered from kicking it with the also goobered oem made-from-putty kicker.

But of course, YOURS is in perfect shape I'm sure.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
The reference was to the knuckle. It's probably NOT bending backwards....

BUT...if there has been enough force on the kicker to bend it back, there has likely been enough force on the knuckle to waller IT out, too!

.....sez me.

dixie

Feb 22, 2003
Old topic, the 12 $ kicker is off of a pre KDX-175 out of the MOTORCYCLE STUFF catolog It is made in China the company is Emgo. It's a little shorter than stock still heavey but is chrome-Plated, Looks cool tucks in nice close to 2 years now so far no problems. You do need to redrill hole on oppsite side for the ballbearing and spring and tap hole for set screw.

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
I had a Fredette Lever and it only lasted half a season. The aluminum surface that contacted the knuckle was too soft and it gouged out in short order. That said, I’ve been told that Fredette changed his lever design (after I bought mine!) to make it more durable but I can’t personally confirm it. I replaced my FRP lever with a new all-stock setup and I like the extra leverage and also that the extra length keeps the boot-peg conflicts to a minimum.

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
my lever is bending backwards at a really good amount now. i will be getting a new lever asap. How much is the whole stock setup? I know the FRP one is 60$ Is the "new design" durable?

ttmax333

Jun 4, 2007
Lost my lever in the woods!

I just lost my kickstart lever off a 02 KDX 220R. Any thoiughts on what will fit other than stock? It has 16 mm splines. Anyone have one extra for sale?

KDXdog

May 4, 2005
I did the KX mod, had to swap knuckle with my 02 KDX. Snap ring Shim was off, a little filing took care, no big deal. The bigger deal was the way my instep slammed into the (stock) peg. Even with boots, it hurt! Tried to change the way I kicked, etc etc, but in the end...

I've since gone back to the stock long arm. I have a pal who has the Fredette, he also has a big gash in the instep of his boot from hitting his IMS peg.

I'm keeping the KX arm for a spare, but I prefer the stocker.

Top Bottom