gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
Okay everyone. I just came back from meeting all of my sons teachers and explained to them that he will be missing a week of school. They were all cool about it. They are going to give him as much of the work as they can for that week so he won't get behind when he gets back. His incentive is he has to do the work for that day or he can't ride!!! The classes he has are the basics for 7th grade, plus foreign language which should be French. Anyone fluent on that subject?? I figure a few laps around the track can count for P.E. By any chance, is there a teacher in the group that may be able to help if mom and dad can't. Plus, is anyone else doing the homework bit?

Mrs. Gnarly

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
LazyBoy is arranging his assignments and reading ahead of time, He is hoping to be able to hit the books hard the next few weeks and on the trip down so that he can do as little as possible while at Dirtweek.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
BEEF706 is a teacher. I think he teaches 14 year olds, but I'm not sure about that. He's a great guy. Hit him up!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I've got a 7th grader but he can't make it this year :(

Anyway I'm the math & science parent at our house so if I can help just holler. (PS you REALLY don't want me helping with language arts :laugh: ) I suspect Pokie might know a little about French talkin'.

Oh and if Justql is there he's once of those principal types.

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
well lets see, last year Aryn's school said his absence would be unexcused unless it was a family reunion, or a trip with educational benefit. we told them it was a family reunion...well it was! He ended up breaking his leg and arm, spending a week in Stillwater Medical along with Lola and another week at home before he was able to get back to school. Teachers questioned the vacation and I told them to get over it. Aryn made up All his missed work and still made the A honor role even with all of his core classes being AG load. I know that this is not exactly on line with your question but your son should be able to keep up with his assignments while still having the time of his life. We're going to miss everyone this year. Have fun and be safe.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Patman said:
Oh and if Justql is there he's once of those principal types.

haha. read some of his posts. the man can't spell. maybe that's why he's an administrator? :debil:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Lol!

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
Pokie would be the best French teacher I know (considering born and raised near by) and I am sure he would be more than willing to help out. He tried to teach me, but I rebelled!!!!! OOOPS...

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
And don't forget Rick, I could teach the littly nipper a thing or two, too. If you want me to.

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
The last 2 years, my kids did some reading on the way to and from in the car, but none there. Our school policy is 2 days to make up work for each day missed. They know the drill and stay in and get it done when we get home. Pre arranged family vacations is the key. School doesnt need to know what you do on vacation.
BTW, my boys are in 8th and 10th grades and should be able to help out if ya get in a jam.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
So, Johnny....where have you been this week?

Nous avons assisté à une réunion de la famille.
Mon Oncle, VD m'a appris des choses importantes.
J'ai appris beaucoup de nouveaux mots.
:)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Jaybird said:
So, Johnny....where have you been this week?

Nous avons assisté à une réunion de la famille.
Mon Oncle, VD m'a appris des choses importantes.
J'ai appris beaucoup de nouveaux mots.
:)

Jay ... your depth amazes me, and to think many see you only as a crotchety old chain and lube man. :)

VD: I can't tell if you should be happy or pissed! ;)

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
OHHH! Now I get it, and that's sort of exactly like kind of what I meant. Thanks wordlingo.com :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Geez, better not let Jaybird teach no spelling! I can't read none of what he typed except "VD".

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I can't spell huh? That's why I've got a secretary...the only thing I do worse than spell is type.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
justql said:
I can't spell huh? That's why I've got a secretary...the only thing I do worse than spell is type.

I know ... you have a secy that will be 86 someday but remembers that every derogatory message that you ask her to type and put into th locked drawer in your Desk ...

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
hmmmmm wonder what Tony is talking about? the old sexatary did a harddrive recovery thingie...

Maitre Geai... c'est bien beau ce que vous jacassez là, comme un ancien combatant....but JayBird what did VD (ValeDictorian?) actually teach you, heh?

May be we need to add a one-room school to the schedule ? will be glad to help out with some foreign lingo stuff...unless it's chinese or arabic or somethin'...

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Pokie said:
hmmmmm wonder what Tony is talking about? ...

:) They were talking about the secy for the Texas ANG Lt Col that was Bush's commander on the radio ... ;)

Top Bottom