ktmrider0202

Mar 5, 2002
I have a 1999 KTM 200 mx/c and i was wondering if any of you guys knew if yuo coould remove the fly wheel weight. I want to make it a little more snappy. If yuo can is it a hard job? do i need any specail tools? I heard yuo can pop a 125 sx flywheel on it too? thanks for the help mark

old#48

Jun 17, 2002
Steahly offroad is ususally thought of as the flywheel experts, but as you may know, they usually are adding weight, not taking it off. You could check with them though, because I think they do all kinds of flywheel mods.

www.steahlyoffroad.com

scottyr

Mar 12, 2000
I would get your jetting sorted out before I tried to lighten the flywheel. Your bike is probably jetted wrong for your conditions and is giving you the impression of a heavy flywheel. Once I jetted my 01 200EXC right, I actually added some flywheel weight as it was too snappy and stalled too easy for my tastes.

old#48

Jun 17, 2002
You probably know this, but is your top end fresh and the power valve and it's components clean and adjusted properly? Also, is your jetting right? If not, you may want to check out these areas before working on the flywheel. Reason I say this is that most people are trying to calm the 200's down, rather than wake them up.

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
I am pretty sure that you could use the 125 SX button rotor and stator on the 200.
If you came off of a good running 125 it might seem like the 200 spins a little slower, but the other guys are right. Check your top end condition and PV operation.
Perhaps it is already equiped with an aftermarket flywheel weight?
What needle are you running?
Mixture screw adjustment makes a big deal too on the throttle response.
I hope this helps.
Maybe Strick our patron KTM jetting saint will step in here.

ktmrider0202

Mar 5, 2002
Hey I just put a brand new vertex piston and rings in the bike. The powervalve was fully cleaned and ajusted right. When I did the top end it got a new fmf gnarly pipe and a Powercore 2 silncer new carbon reeds and a new air filter. I brought the squish band down to 58 thousands. It jetted about spot on for the cold weather down here. But what I can get out of it i try. I just heard it would rev alot faster if you lightened it up

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom