orange250

Apr 25, 2008
hi i have a 2003 ktm 250sx with some top end problems it has no topend power its weird when its cold it will hit the power band for a second then when it gets warm it cuts out and wont hit again the only thing wrong i could find is that the reeds are warn i fliped them and now they seal i can also reach in the exhaust port and push the power valve up i need some help if anyone knows anything plz let me know thx

two-stroke

Feb 23, 2008
well it's a 250 theres not alot of topend to be had with the stock pipe. i'd suggest a new pipe to increase top end

orange250

Apr 25, 2008
two-stroke said:
well it's a 250 theres not alot of topend to be had with the stock pipe. i'd suggest a new pipe to increase top end
it had alot before and now it doesnt i found out last night its an ignition problem and im still having that problem i cut down the spark plug cable because it had a bad connection and now it cracks and pops so i think it needs fine tunning or a new coil

orange250

Apr 25, 2008
ok so i changed the coil and changed the muffler packing and made my grounds real clean and iits still doing the same thing i need some help plz

orange250

Apr 25, 2008
you dont think the reeds would be doing it? there warn but i fliped them so they seat also would a crack in the carb boot make it run like its rich? on the topend

magneto

Nov 14, 2001
Take the left-hand side power valve cover off, crank the engine and see if the valve is opening up when the engine is revved. If it is not opening correctly check to see if the power valve actuating pin has fell out of the gear sector on the right hand side valve. The pin problem seems to be worse on the 300s than the 250s however it is worth checking. Clean the powervalve system if the pin is in place and the powervalve is not opening properly. Do a search on ktmtalk . com for this problem.

Top Bottom