kiwijohn

Dec 22, 2004
Gidday people,

Just read a Dirt Bike test on the 07 KX250 which is for all intents and purposes the same as the 06, and they say the jetting is spot on from the factory:

Main 160
Pilot 50

Now that's always good news, but my 06 seems to be running clean, with a light tan plug and minimal sppoge with a 42 pilot and 158 main..... the main isn;t that different but man, that pilot is way off mine.

I even fitted a 48 to compare but it produced a very fluffy bottom end and darkened the plug color straight away.

Am I missing something? :coocoo:

My factory pilot was a 50, but it just seems so rich.... does DB know something I don't?

Looking forward to your comments guys.

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
Gidday,

I have an 05 which is very similar as well. I had to drop the stock 50 pilot down to a 42 as well. As far as jetting goes, there is really no point in taking advice from any dirt rags. Jet YOUR bike for YOUR temp, altitude, fuel, etc.

One thing I think may occur with test bikes is that a dealer sets the bikes up before rag gets it so they can get a better idea of how it will run when it's jetted, dialed etc.

kiwijohn

Dec 22, 2004
Yeah, good call mate, I'm happy with the bike and it suits the riding I'm doing so I'll just leave it at that.

About to replace piston/rings so we'll see if that changes anything?!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom